Saturday, January 13, 2007

Spirit Of Christmas 110 Hours


Ta Da! Another update of Spirit of Christmas. I'm really loving this piece, but very much dreading the garland wreath. A co-worker of mine (Annie Fannie Fo Fannie) was saying last night how beautiful the garland looks. It really got me to thinking. Yes, it is beautiful. It is like that sometimes with stitching, the more stunning a piece the more colour changes and time intensive it is and in the end, worth every minute and colour change.

My motto for my stitching is evolving to something along the lines of it's not how fast you finish but the journey and the fun you had along the way.

As much as I love this piece and the sister piece of it, Gift of Peace I really have no idea why I stitched them or what I'm going to do with them when I'm finished. I guess that just shows its about the journey not the finish.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your Spirit of Christmas is grand. Such lovely stitching.

_ said...

He's beautiful, Tammy! I'm sure you'll be able to figure out something to do with him once he's finished. If not, you can send him my way. LOL ;

Kristin said...

I have always loved the colors in this piece. It is gorgeous.