Thursday, January 08, 2009

Sleepy Cardio Kid

I'm finding a bit of a cardio groove!

I went to the gym again and I'm starting to feel more comfortable and not as though I'm just going through the paces. I'm very proud of myself and that being said, is something I don't say very often. I'm not looking for pats and kudos. Simple observation.

Last night was a crappy night between the sheets. I suffer something awful from really poor sleep habits after the first 4 hours and last night was brutal. I could have easily got out of bed at 3-30am. I now have in my hands, a little nugget of gold - a sleeping pill. A girl from work gave me one of hers to see if it helps me before I invest in a pack of my own. Sleeping pills is not something I'm excited about taking, but a girl can only survive so long in a zombie like state.

All this sleep chatter does have purpose. I was unsure of what kind of work out I was going to achieve dragging ass like I was. I told K-Pow today that I was still hitting the gym, no excuses. I'm so glad I persevered and didn't let exhaustion keep me from my work out.

I ran for a distance of 4.34KM and that was not a hard pushed work out. I did it, but didn't push myself to my limits. I do have another "I love it moment" - my elbows were sweating!!!!!! I love when my elbows have sweat on them. I feel incredible when I have the sheen of perspiration. Does that make me odd? I mean, any odder than I already am?

One of my BLBE team mates, Mary Beth asked a question - Yes, I am a big reader. I love it and struggle between finding time for all the hobbies I have, reading, cross stitching and now returning to the gym.

Thanks to all my BLBE teammates and non-teammates, Bre (love you) that stop by and leave comments. Even from the non teammates challenging to kick my ass. I live for the challenge and my desire to push forward is huge.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Congrats for persevering. I almost used today as an off day because my calves were a bit achy but I exercised anyway and felt better for it.

K-Pow said...

Whoo Hooo for going to the gym. I can relate to how hard that is sometimes.

OTC sleeping pills come in handy...but only once in a while. If you do find you are using them more, get to your doc and see what is up.

I posted my yoga review on my blog.

My mantra right now...keep an open mind, keep an open mind.

Give me a call if you are heading to the gym on the weekend.

Peace,
K-Pow

Anonymous said...

I’ve been visiting your blog for a while now and I always find a
gem in your new posts. Thanks for sharing.

I run a related blog and recently was quoted saying…

Everyone has wondered at some point in time which
cardio exercise is better. To put it in simple
terms, both low and high intensity exercises will
help you to burn off body fat. The question here
is which is the most effective to burn off more
body fat.

You can see the full post as well as the full context of the
quote above by checking out the page on my blog…

Cardio Exercise

Bye for now,
A

Bre said...

" love when my elbows have sweat on them. I feel incredible when I have the sheen of perspiration. Does that make me odd?"

YES

Love ya too girl - way to kick some butt!!

Chiloe said...

On blog, we can see that a lot of us are back to exercise and it's a big motivation for me !!!