Monday, January 12, 2009

Almost Home

As I stated in my previous post, there is lots going on in regards to the house.

We finally have a move in date - this Saturday. There is so much going on and I'm doing my best not to stress out. I'm a regular stand up comedienne if you believe that one.

The condo is getting packed up and I can come nowhere near close to expressing how over joyed I am about that development. Good bye and good riddance.

This week is going to be crazy busy. Tomorrow I'm heading to Belleville to Lowe's for a bathroom light fixture, but not before a stop at Starbucks. The current light in the bathroom now is too long for the current set up and lays against the HRV thingy.

There is a wee bit of an issue with our kitchen. The light that is to be hanging over the island was measured to be hanging 'here', but the island is actually 'there'. The electrician wasn't sure what was to be done with the extra hole. He capped it with this glaringly ridiculous cover thing until he had direction from the building company. It looks bad and I'm glad to report that Derek (our contact with the building company) agrees. He informed us before we even mentioned it, that the hole and cover would be fixed and gone.

The cleaning company is to be in on Wednesday to get things prepared for our walk through on Thursday and we have our appointment on Friday with the lawyers. So things are really moving now.

Daisy has been booked with the groomer on Saturday morning so she's not traumatized with all the goings on of another move. Poor freaking dog! This is her last move for a while. I think of all the upheaval she has probably fared the best. To live the life of a dog, or this dog anyway.

The friends have been called upon and the thoughts of "Home Sweet Home" are dancing in my head. I thank each and every one of you that has gone through this venture with me, here on my blog and in real life. It is far from over, I know, but right now progress is being made.

What am I most excited for? A bath? A dishwasher (again)? A kitchen I can really cook in? A washer and dryer(again)? A garage with garage door opener? The list could go on and on and on... you get the idea, I'm sure. I'm just so excited to know I'm almost home again. In something that feels like mine, something I can be happy to clean and want to clean. A place that I belong and belongs to me. Awwww, the simple things in life.

Sweet!

9 comments:

Kristin said...

How wonderful! If I lived closer, I would be helping you move dear.

Velda said...

THE CLEAN FLOORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol...I'm SO relieved to hear this wonderful news!

K-Pow said...

So excited for you to get in your new home!!

I'll be there to help with all the craziness too :)

Chris said...

Congrats! Sending good weather vibes for this weekend.

Pumpkin said...

I'm SO happy for you Tammy! Jealous but happy ;o) How exciting! I hope everything goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

Hmm ... what's up with the stop at Starbucks???

Just spreading a little tough love to my fellow BLBE2 Team Lynn team member!

Muah!

Bre said...

Yay!!! I'm excited for you!! I can't wait to see pics of the new house!!!

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I can't wait to get a home of my own! The washer/dryer would be the best part for me :)

Anonymous said...

How exciting! Just think of all of the cleaning/moving as a good workout, and enjoy your new home! :)