Monday, January 05, 2009

Just Get It Done, Already!

Well, its been that kind of day.

I went to the gym today for the first time since October and I don't even really count that day since I was so unhappy at that gym. I'm now back to 'my' gym. It feels like coming home.

I woke up this morning knowing I was hitting the gym after work and, truth be told, I couldn't wait for the work day to come to an end so I could get on the road to the new me.

The gym was busy, as I expected it to be and that was okay. I had a treadmill and that was all that mattered to me. It was comforting to be amongst fellow fitness minded people. There was this wee spit of a girl beside me, running her little legs to the pace of which I miss. She was incredibly inspiring and I could have kissed her if it wouldn't have freaked her out.

This gym day was a burn of 245 calories burned and the distance of 3.99KM. Not my best time distance, but I don't care. I needed to start somewhere and this was as good as any place to start. I've a long way to go yet, but this is another step towards a better healthier me.

I could easily live with the high I'm feeling right now! I love it and I feel incredible to know that tomorrow is going to be some of the same!

3 comments:

Bre said...

I'm so proud of you!!! Yay!!!

Kristin said...

Good for you!

K-Pow said...

Just like Bre...I'm soo freaking proud of you. I felt the exact same way when I got back to Goodlife.

Keep it up hun and no pressure remember. Enjoy it!

You will be back to the kickass, powerhouse TT that I know is just dying to get out!

XOXO