Friday, January 09, 2009

Weigh In

My weigh in this morning was awesome.

I had a 1lb loss this week. That is huge for me since I've just gotten back in to the swing of things. Prior to this I was complacent with all things regarding my weight, my health and sadly, my eating. I was always talking about changing things, getting back to the gym, eating healthier, yada yada yada... and now I'm finally doing it.

I've got a lot on my plate in the coming week with moving, work and most importantly trying to hit the gym amongst all the other demands. I want this bad enough that I'm going to make time to make myself a priority. The Energizer Bunny lives inside of me!

Post note to last night and my sleeping woes: Crabby critter came to the surface. I fell asleep on the couch to be woken up by chocolate Whoppers rolling down a milk crate type container every other minute, or so it seemed. I stomped off to bed to lay down prior to picking up Princess from work because I was so tired I felt as though I was catatonic. It was avoidance of having a snap fit too!

I took my little golden gem of a sleeping pill last night! I'm too funny, I tell ya. The pill was probably still sliding down my throat when I'm wondering why I'm not sleepy yet. I went to bed, read for a bit and then was lights out! I didn't hear Cute Boy come home from hockey and that is always good. Now, I did have trouble getting out bed this morning at 5am and felt very sluggish for the first half hour of my morning.

I am calling the doctor today because I can not, and will not go on like this any longer than I already have done. I was so out of it last night, I thought I was going insane. No more of this!

Happy Healthy Days to you!

17 comments:

K-Pow said...

First off...way to go on your loss this week. That is awesome!!!

Secondly, I'm glad that you realize that you need to go to your doc about this.

Sucks about the whole whopper incident. I would have taken that milk shape carton and shoved it somewhere none too pleasant.

Sounds like a busy week ahead for sure...Give me a holler if you need some assistance, you know I'll help whereever I can :)

Vanessa said...

Great job on the loss!

Good luck with the week ahead. Moving sucks, but you'll get through it :)

Kristin said...

Congrats on the weight loss start.

Good luck getting the sleep situation worked out.

Bre said...

Awesome loss!! Congrats!!

Sometimes we just have to do what we need to do to take care of ourselves.... (Hmmm maybe I should take that advice as well..)

We need to investigate, figure out what the problem is and find a solution before it gets worse! Congrats for doing that!!

Tiffa said...

Congrats on your 1 lb loss!!!

About the sleeping thing. A few years ago I had so much trouble sleeping. Like basically I did not sleep for 3 months any more than about 2-3 hours of tossing and turning at night. I was exhausted.

My doc started me on an antidepressent (Remeron) (which I wasn't horribly impressed with) and it worked like a charm. It helped me reset my sleep schedule. After a month I stopped taking it because I wasn't covered for it (which you should never really stop those meds like that... but it worked) and I was fine. No problems with sleeping ever since!

Even something like melatonin might work as it helps give your body those signals that it's time to sleep.

Chiloe said...

Same here !!! It's been too many years, I've said to myself: you need to loose weight. Now I'm doing it. I can't afford to go to the gym so I exercise at home but I do it everyday. Hope I'll keep the good work ;-)

Congrats on the pound !!!

Baby Sis said...

Way to go, any loss is a great feat. I am just stopping by to say Hey, and go team Lynn. I am there for you BLBE teammate.

Bella said...

Congrats on your loss! GOOOOO TEAM LYNN!

Pumpkin said...

Good for you! :o)

Just be careful with the sleeping pills because you don't want to become dependent on them :o( I can certainly understand the need for sleep though. You know something, I always have trouble sleeping when the full moon comes around. Weird or what?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your loss! That's great, especially considering your lack of sleep.

Becky said...

Great loss! You go girl!

sarah sundae said...

Congrats on the weight loss!!

Go team Lynn!!

Oh and you like Nascar [I see your Jimmie avatar]. I am a Ryan Newman fan myself.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouragement. I think my problem is now that I've started to eat healthier foods, I'm just becoming full before I did when I was eating junk. I'm working on it though. The last thing I need is my metabolism working against me. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Tammy - thanks for the comment about Journey to Dazzling's blog. It does indeed look her blog doesn't have comments turned on. Unfortunately she hasn't give me her email address yet. I will make a post in the forum to let her know.

This was very kind of you BTW :)

Anonymous said...

Great weigh-in! It's nice to meet someone with a similar amount of weight to lose!

Carrie said...

Great job on the loss!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Woohooo! Congrats on your loss! I've got to get my butt in gear again, I feel like I'm getting a little complacent lately.

Its off to the gym tomorrow, how about you?