Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Miss Me

I've been doing a bit of thinking that last day or so and I write this with a bit of heavy heart.

I had an e-mail from Krista yesterday and it was good to just chatter about things and then.... there is a question and a statement. The statement - I miss you! It was a simple statement but something that really hit home for me. I miss her too and I told her so. As my fingers flew over the keys in response to her e-mail, I found I was telling her I miss me too!

I miss the me that use to laugh more than not. I miss being able to sit in front of the television with my stitching or curling up on the couch with my book and a tea. I miss hanging out with my friends and the ability to just let go. I miss the free flow to my days, that are now consumed with renovations and thoughts of what must be done, how to do it and how to pay for it. I know this is a temporary thing, but it seems to be never ending. Princess is house exhausted and sick of listening to the non-stop chatter about what needs to be done and how. Poor kid. That is not the fun of a 14 y.o. princess life. She is a princess and would like to be treated as such.

I miss the gym. Okay, maybe I only miss the thought of the gym, not so much the work that I have to put forth. I am going to make an effort to get there 3x in the coming week. I really want to be healthier, leaner and I want to get back in to those smaller jeans! I want to run and feel the burn of muscles working and pulsing. I will do this! I want it, but do I want it enough?

All this being said, I think my housing jobs are starting to come together and I might be getting closer to discovering me again. I hope, anyways. I'm down to 12 jobs that need to be completed and then I will be listing the house. As soon as the house is clean and listed I'm taking myself to the spa for a much needed massage. I have a gift card given to me by Cute Boy for Christmas. It is worth $150.00 and I'm thinking I might plan a day for both Princess and I to unwind after the turmoil of our turned upside down house.

I'm taking a little 'me' time today too, visiting Velda. I should be there in about an hour and I'm really looking forward to just hanging out and catching up!

6 comments:

Velda said...

Amen! See you soon :)

Anonymous said...

((((BIG HUGS))))))))

I know how overwhelming this can be but you know that you will get there and all things will get sorted out.

If you need a butt kicking to get to the gym you know who to call....GHOSTBUSTERS...No wait...That would be ME!!! LOL

I'm sorry that you miss you!!

The spa days sound D-E-V-I-N-E! Both you and Miss. Lily defintely deserve some princess pampering!!
XOXO
Krista

Chris said...

Welcome back "ME". Have fun with Ms. V....watch out for flying Zs.

Pumpkin said...

It's amazing how much we tend to neglect ourselves. I think your spa idea is brilliant and I hope you do it :o) Goodness knows you deserve it!

Bre said...

((HUGS)) Sweetie! You can do it girl! You deserve it!! Welcome back!!

Chiloe said...

I hope you will feel better soon (((hugs))) It's not fun but necessary for a better futur !!!

A day at the spa: my dream !!!!!!!! Hope you will enjoy that day very much when it will come !!! ;)