Thursday, March 20, 2008

I Miss Me

I've been doing a bit of thinking that last day or so and I write this with a bit of heavy heart.

I had an e-mail from Krista yesterday and it was good to just chatter about things and then.... there is a question and a statement. The statement - I miss you! It was a simple statement but something that really hit home for me. I miss her too and I told her so. As my fingers flew over the keys in response to her e-mail, I found I was telling her I miss me too!

I miss the me that use to laugh more than not. I miss being able to sit in front of the television with my stitching or curling up on the couch with my book and a tea. I miss hanging out with my friends and the ability to just let go. I miss the free flow to my days, that are now consumed with renovations and thoughts of what must be done, how to do it and how to pay for it. I know this is a temporary thing, but it seems to be never ending. Princess is house exhausted and sick of listening to the non-stop chatter about what needs to be done and how. Poor kid. That is not the fun of a 14 y.o. princess life. She is a princess and would like to be treated as such.

I miss the gym. Okay, maybe I only miss the thought of the gym, not so much the work that I have to put forth. I am going to make an effort to get there 3x in the coming week. I really want to be healthier, leaner and I want to get back in to those smaller jeans! I want to run and feel the burn of muscles working and pulsing. I will do this! I want it, but do I want it enough?

All this being said, I think my housing jobs are starting to come together and I might be getting closer to discovering me again. I hope, anyways. I'm down to 12 jobs that need to be completed and then I will be listing the house. As soon as the house is clean and listed I'm taking myself to the spa for a much needed massage. I have a gift card given to me by Cute Boy for Christmas. It is worth $150.00 and I'm thinking I might plan a day for both Princess and I to unwind after the turmoil of our turned upside down house.

I'm taking a little 'me' time today too, visiting Velda. I should be there in about an hour and I'm really looking forward to just hanging out and catching up!

Post a Comment