Wednesday, March 26, 2008

You Make My Day


You just never know when you'll make a difference in the life of another. I guess that is the wonder of this award. I don't usually do these things that float around the web, but this would be my second mention and I figure it is time to do what I should have done in the beginning; acknowledge it!

Jen - I thank you, hon. I don't know that I really do look for the silver lining in things. I find in my own personal head space I have many worrisome stressful thoughts! I don't at all feel positive or silver lining seeking. Now that you've brought this quality you see in me to light, I will work towards living up to the honour.

Chiloe - I received my first 'You Make My Day Award' from Chiloe. I was remiss in following the rules. Sorry, my dear.

This is one blog I love to see with updates. 'Chiloe's' stitching is amazing and her commitment to daily contributions to her pieces is second to none! I love communicating with (you)! I tip my hat to you in the way you strive to do the best for your children day in and day out.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

There is no particular order in how I'll list those I've chosen. I don't do these normally because of that school yard feeling as a child, when being picked for a sports team. What if I'm not chosen first? What if I'm chosen and another team member makes a mean face when my name is called? What if I'm chosen last? I hate that feeling of exclusion. The preamble is over, so without further adieu, the following are those that I've chosen to honour with a 'Make My Day Award'.

Dani - I don't recall how I stumbled upon your blog, probably link to link and so on. I just know I'm glad I did. Your blog is one of the first I click to read. I don't always comment, but I'm always reading. There is something about the way you lay it out there that I love. Your passion for fitness is inspiring, although you're going through your own trials with that, I try and keep you in mind when I'm being complacent with my health and fitness. Thank you!

Pumpkin - You are one of the most amazing women I've never met! I know to some that might sound like the most awkward statement, but really it is true. We've never met, but in all definitions of the word, I consider you my friend. Not just a friend, but MY friend. There is something about you and just gives off this feeling of 'I care about you' in each and every comment you leave. Challenges you've faced and shared, you shown class, grace, strength and determination. There is fear mixed in there at times, but you don't let it over run your life! You rock! It is an honour to know you, if even only through the words on a computer screen!

Sara - I love reading this blog! Sara, you are the kind of mother I wanted to be. I'm not hear to flog myself and make this a downer comment, but I'm no where near the kind of parent I could have, should have been. You rock! Your blog is full of fun, filled with life and the wonders of your day to day. You keep it light and entertaining. Thanks for making my day when you're able to find the time to post!

Bliss - I love reading your blog! You have the most positive outlook on life. I love reading about your pieces and the glimpses you give of your everyday. Your stitching quality is stunning and your completions are inspiring! Keep up the wonder blog you share with us!

Velda - There is nothing I could say that would ever do the justice that my friendship with you deserves. I love you like no other and the way you know me is almost scary. I can sometimes not get the words out and you know already the thought path and know what I'm struggling with. I've come to find you are my safe place with my thoughts and there is never a moment of judgement. You face me with a hug, smile, coke or chocolate. Individually all of those things are great, but put together with you, they are the making of an awesome day! We both questions friendships and the challenge of making friends as we age, but you and I can see that it doesn't matter age - a friend is a friend. I will say it again, I am blessed to have you in my life! Love you, sweetie.

Now, I know this award has been going around for some time and I will change things up a bit and say I don't expect to have it carried on in the manner the rules state. It really was my way to say thanks to those that acknowledged me.





5 comments:

Velda said...

awww well yesterday was very fulfilling for me, I'm so glad that there is yet another person in this world that 'gets *me*' the way I am -- 'cause what you see is what you get :) Love you too girl!

Jen said...

Hey, I was happy to name you! I do think that you try hard to see the positives even when you are worrying, and that is a very admirable quality.

Pumpkin said...

Tammy, I almost don't know what to say. I'm VERY honored that you like reading my Blog and it makes me smile to know that we ARE friends :o) But although I do appear to have things together most of the time, there are the not-so-good things backstage so I'm just like everyone else ;o) You are a total dear and I'm so glad we have 'met' up! LOL! Thank you :o)

Dani - tkdchick said...

Awwww thank you so much Tammy!!!!!

P.S. April 26th the Cataraqui (gosh I can never spell that right) is having a Merchant's Mart at one of the churches off of MacDonald something or other (just after Division if you're heading west on the 401). I'll be there working the Knowledge & Needles booth if you decide to pop in! Its worth the price of admission!

Felicity said...

Thank you for your very kind words. You have made my day!