Sunday, March 09, 2008

Still Consumed With House

I can't even tell you how tired I am of all this house stuff. I'm hoping once this place is finally listed and sold I'll be able to see that it was all worth it. I know it is, but right now all I can think about is the desire to be finished and do something other than be obsessed with the condition and progress point of renovations.

Here is my most recent list of things still needing to be done:

Lily's Room
Repaint red above closet - done
Stain the transition -done

Spare Room
Paint all the trim

My Room
Fix spaces in the laminate flooring where the cuts didn't match up properly at the wall area. Hard to explain, but it will need wood coloured putty
Touch up the trim near the door

Hallway
Paint

Bathroom
Paint the ceiling - done

Rec Room
Paint window frames and door trim -done
Fix the drywall tape near the television

Kitchen
Paint trim
Paint ceiling

Basement
Prime garage door - done
Paint the new door
Figure out how to fix the back of the door where ex-husband punched it.

Landing
Paint kick plates -done
Stain both sets of stairs - done
Sand edging to the downstairs -done
Caulk the holes/spaces on the lower stairs -done
Sand around the door
Paint
Pull the nails from the old carpet - done
Paint crown molding

Total Jobs: 12

That is all I can think of right now. Being the perfectionist that I am, I'm sure this list will grow as I see different things that I think could be improved.

I still have many jobs that need to be done outside the house, particularly with the hot tub but I will deal with that once the weather warms up some.

I have to tell you, I've been working on this damn house now for 2 months non stop. I'm exhausted, overwhelmed and so many other emotions I don't even know how to name. I'm at the point most every minute of everyday that I want to cry. I have nothing more to give and I'm stressed to the point, that I look like a bag of shit. My skin is blah, my hands look like I've never washed or lotioned them ever. I just want to go to bed for ever and a day and forget all about this nightmare of my house. It looks beautiful at points, but I'm done! Now, one more thing for me to do, I'm off to go be a taxi cab, but yet again!

Sorry for being such a whiner. I really didn't know I felt this way until the fingers started flying over the keys.

Hugs,




2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Tammy, I can feel your frustration. (((hugs))) - any chance you could slow the pace a little to let yourself take stock?

Pumpkin said...

There you are! I was beginning to really worry about you! I wish you weren't so bogged down with all this work :o( ((((HUGS))))

I'd say the end is near but I don't dare in case I jinx it.