Monday, February 12, 2007

Love Is

Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.

I Corinthians 13:4-8a

I'm not a real advocate of Valentine's Day, so I'll post this on a day NOT Valentine's. I believe if you love and care for someone you should show that in your every day encounters, not just on a specific day set out on a calendar.

I've been reading the above verse a lot lately and most of that is because I will soon be stitching this piece. It is the most gorgeous of pieces and a most beautiful verse. In thinking about stitching this, I think about the meaning and I couldn't agree more. I'm really looking forward to working this piece, and think I already have the perfect place to hang it. I'll let you know if I stay with my original plan or deviate as I've been known to do from time to time.

1 comment:

. said...

you deviant you lol....can't wait to see your progress!