Sunday, December 31, 2006

Reading Resolutions

I try to shy away from resolutions because I never hold up my end of the bargain which in turn only prompts me to feel disappointment in myself. Why bother setting myself up to find disappointment at the end of the day, but this year is going to be different. I am going to make a resolution to read more than I have been lately. I'm going to try and read each night before bed and a bit more throughout the day. The reading throughout the day will be a bit more difficult, but as long as I try I've lived up to the bargain with myself, right?

I'm currently reading James Patterson's Judge and Jury. Midway through the story things are moving quickly and keeping me thoroughly entertained.

Judge and Jury plot line:
Andie DeGrasse, an aspiring actress and single mom, is hoping to get dismissed from the jury pool. She tells the judge that her legal knowledge comes from a bit part curling around a stripper's pole in The Sopranos. But she still ends up as Juror #11 in a landmark trial against a mob boss.

THE JUDGE IS TERRIFIED OF THE DEFENDANT The case becomes the new Trial of the Century. Mafia Don Dominic Cavello, the Electrician, is linked to hundreds of gruesome crimes. Senior FBI agent Nick Pellisante has been tracking him for years, and the evidence against the killer is ironclad.

SO IS THE JURY As the jury is about to reach a verdict, the Electrician makes one devastating move that no one could have predicted. The nation is reeling, and Andie's world is shattered. For her, the hunt for the Electrician becomes personal, and she and Pellisante forge an unbreakable bond: they will exact justice-at any cost.

THE VERDICT: RUN FOR YOUR LIFE Judge & Jury is an all-out heart-pounding legal thriller by "one of America's most influential authors" (New York Times.)

No comments: