Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Wishes

The sweetness of Christmas surrounds me even as I sit here at work. As much as I would love to be at home with my girls right now and with others I love dearly, I'm blessed by the fact I'm working in the hospital and not a patient. I'm blessed to have the job I have in spite of how atrocious the schedule is and how gruelling it can be on a personal life. Looking on the bright side of things, I know I have a great job that affords me a good life.

I love Christmas and look forward to it every year. I don't know if it's the day itself or the preparation and anticipation of the day I look forward to most of all. There is a sweetness in the holidays that I wish I could find in the everyday.

Every year I try to put the emphasis on something more than presents, but I'm never successful. I love to buy and to give to others, so I end up fueling the economy more than I should. I don't buy and give just for the sake of doing so, but to see the smile on the face of others, to let them know I'm thinking of them. I'm very much a giver, on every level so it fits that Christmas is my favorite time of year. It fits me to perfection that I'm able to give to those I love.

I wish for you to find peace in your heart and love from those around you.

Merry Christmas

No comments: