Friday, December 12, 2008

Good Grief GoodLife



I just laid out the cash to join the gym AGAIN. I'm excited and scared all at the same time. I'm looking forward to the challenge, yet still concerned about the time commitment. I know I have a crazy life and I will be struggling to juggle it all.

I want this to be the time that I make a difference in my life and with my body. I want to do this for myself on MY terms and no one else's. I will do my best with no excuses. I am not going to set myself up as being SuperWoman. I will do what I can do with my eye on the end goal with an appreciation for the journey.

I've walked this path before, once with a friend and was successful and another time with my ex-husband. The time with the ex-husband was a smashing success. The gym became our life, good, bad or otherwise. There are many happy and not so happy moments attached to my gym going history. I want this time around to be one that expunges the bad and restores my faith in my ability to do this for myself. I may not get myself to the point of my previous success, I might just surpass it. Now, wouldn't that be a hell of a tribute to me?

I have a couple weeks before I can start going to the gym since my membership isn't active until January 1st. This will give me additional time to wrap my head around what I want to do and how. I know for certain I am going to shoot to hit the gym 3-4 days per week and then build from there. The first couple weeks of January will be a jumble mess of scheduling since I am hoping to be busy with moving to the new house. YAAAAAA

My full time schedule should enable me to hit the gym more regularly and still have a life, something I need to keep peace and sanity in my world. I want to still have ample time with Princess and Cute Boy, so I'm hoping to hit the gym on the days before work when I can and then on my way home when I'm working 7a-3pm shifts. I will not take time away from those I love to pursue this time for me, but I will find the most beneficial way of finding the time I need to better balance my head and my desires for a slimmer fit body!

My food issues will be addressed in a future post.

4 comments:

K-Pow said...

Whooo Hoooo!!

I'm so excited that you are back at the gym...well you will be in a few weeks.

I think your perspective on your gym time is very reasonable. I know how important your home life is with Princess and Cute Boy and I know that you will find a healthy balance between them all :)

I'm looking forward to seeing you there!

It will all start with just a short 5k run on the 1st with MOI!! :) How else would you want to start your year????

You have food issues??? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Kristin said...

Good luck Tammy. I think its wonderufl that you are doing this for YOU!

Bre said...

OH I'm so happy to see that you are doing this!! You so deserve to have time for you doing something healthy!!

Pumpkin said...

Good luck Tammy but I hope you're not putting too much pressure on yourself. It takes time and with a lot of stuff on your plate right now, you don't want to add more than you can handle. Just worried about you. I know you can be successful though :o)