Saturday, October 13, 2007

Seriously, Slippers


Is that what I think it is? Another needle craft? Seriously? (Said in full Grey's Anatomy tone).

Pam and I went to Kathy's last night so I could learn how to stitch. I know how to stitch, but that is all I know how to do and calling what I do knitting is stretch by any stretch of the imagination. If I get into trouble I don't know how to salvage my mistakes. I would have to keep plugging away with my mistakes and all. I'm a very tight stitcher, which I knew from my previous endeavours with yarn. I have graduated to tight stitches and not squeaking yarn against needle. It was painful to watch. You wonder how I would know how it is painful to watch. Hmmmm. Could it be the bang on impressions done by Pam, at my expensive. She thinks she's a funny girl. I have to agree, but don't tell her I said so!

I'm hoping to turn the above supplies and instructions into Aunt Maggie's Slippers I keep calling them socks, but I am honestly hoping to have myself some slippers at some point in my life. I'll try to be optimistic about this and say, 'I'd like to have them in the next couple months or so, before the spring anyway!'
Stay tuned for future updates and to witness the nightmare or the triumph. I'm not sure what the end result will be, but it promises to be fun, if not a little frustrating too.

3 comments:

Velda said...

lol -- good luck on the slippers, you're braver than I.

Anonymous said...

Way to Go! I think you will be able to do it and before long we will be coming to you asking for advice. Can't wait to see your progress.

Jill said...

Oh Tammy you are hilarious! Ive been wanting to try knitting actual socks for awhile but keep resisting the urge. Cant wait to see yours!