Saturday, October 20, 2007

Sad Day In My Yankee Heart

I'm a day late in posting this, but it is still something I felt I must do. I've been debating for the last day if I was going to post this or not. As you can see, I made my decision.

It is a sad day for this Yankee fan! Joe Torre is no longer heading up the Yankees and this is something that is going to take some getting used to for me. I have a great fondness for Joe Torre, not just because of all glory he's brought to the Yankees, but more for the quiet manner in which he did it! He is a class act and wherever he goes, whatever he does, whoever hires him in whatever capacity will lucky to have him.

I know my post and thoughts will not do Joe the justice he deserves. Maybe that is just going to be the kind of week Joe's having because the Yankees sure did a poor job of giving Joe his just. I'm sad to know he's leaving or has left, but the Yankees handled the situation poorly and with little class, that it only makes Joe's departure all the more difficult to accept.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how much of a big fan you are. (((HUGS))).

Margaret said...

You know where my loyalties lie, but I agree that it showed little class the way this played out.