Monday, June 29, 2009

To Be Like This...

He believes the best about people. He never jumps to conclusions, he gives people a second (third, fourth, fifth) chance, forgives quickly and encourages me to do the same. "You never know what kind of day they had," he says all the time. I really hope to adopt this attitude some day.

I found this on a blog I read, sorry I didn't link it. A wife talking about her husband. I want to be like him/this. I really do!

I'm tired and I'm tired of feeling like I do. Only I can change the way I feel or how I react to something. I just wish I had this positive outlook on life, but right now I just don't.

This could turn in to a total mental breakdown and bitch fest, but I'm not going to do that. I fear to do that now, would be a colossal step back from what I want to be. So, I'm going back to the top of this page and making this my mantra. Forgive and move forward.

4 comments:

Chiloe said...

I'm feeling the same way !!! I even have trouble finding positive things in my life right now ..... it sucks ....

Vicki said...

Right there with you sweetie. (((Hugs)))

20somethingfatty said...

What a great way to look at the world. Maybe practice makes perfect in this too - just try each day to be positive and it will become easier and easier. It's a nice thought at least.
I hope that you're dong well and that whatever has you down will get better soon.

Grace said...

"You never know what kind of day they had" is a good way to approach everyone. I deal will some real a-holes, and this will help make it easier to accept and/or forgive.