Sunday, August 12, 2007

To Never Stop Learning

Do you remember when you were a kid you would say, 'I can't wait until I grow up, I'm going to....' Have you done what it is you thought you'd do? Is your life where you thought it would be? Are you happy with where your life is right now?

I remember growing up so eager to be finished school. I couldn't wait to start my life. Little did I know then that staying in school would be the ticket to a good life. I was so eager to start my life I didn't take the time to lay the foundation for financial success, most of all. I'm not begrudging my life or the successes I've had thus far. Looking back I know I could have studied harder, worked harder then and planned more for today rather than getting caught up in the 'I want it now' way of thinking and living. There are so many times I've tried to explain my way of thinking, especially to my girls, so they realize the importance of staying school, not because I'm preaching at them, but so hopefully they can see it is an important first step in achieving life goals.

I love my life and am very happy. The thing I think I'm most struggling with right now is that I'm in a job I love, but hours I hate. I know if I'm not careful how I present this, I will come away painting a picture of feeling sorry for myself and that is not the way I want to be. I've worked hard to have the things I have and with that being said, I know they have also come at a high price. I want more, but not in a completely, want more materialistic way. Does that make me selfish? I hope not!

I'm content with my place in this world. My want doesn't stem just from a materialistic point of origin, but from a desire to have a home that is tucked away, resemblant of the simpler things in life. I posted a pic of a cross stitch pattern that I will be working on shortly, Wildflower Rhapsody, if this makes any sense that is the life I want. I want to clean up some debt and get my mortgage paid down, so I can actively look at putting this plan in motion. All that from a cross stitch picture, you ask?

I struggle with the words to make this make any sense whatsoever, but I know in my heart I want something more than just the grind of these crazy shifts I work. I want something simple from a simpler time where life wasn't just about want, need and the almighty dollar. Don't get me wrong, it is money, sadly that keeps this world moving. I want for things, sometimes too many things, but I want to try and work on my house as economically as I possibly can, but still have it look nice and see if I can't find a way to make some of my dreams come true. New found dreams, I've been holding tight and close to my chest for the last little while.

I ramble, I know. My head has been spinning with these thoughts and in an attempt to save my sanity, and my blog being my place of comfort right now, it is here I unload.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think we start off thinking we know how things are going to go and then we go through some rough spots and its a good thing because it helps us to grow stronger. You are a great example of this. Hugs.

Velda said...

well you knew I'd 'get' this....things will come to you, it's hard to be patient but they will come.....((Hugs))