Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The-You-Have-To-Start-Somewhere-Workout

How many times have I come here saying that I'm going to do this and that? I don't blame you if you can't remember. It's my life and my statements and I can't remember either. So, you're forgiven.

I thought I would attempt to get downstairs this morning see what I could do in regards to throwing together a home work out with what equipment I have. Now, you may remember that I (we) have a Universal in the 'workout' room. Well, I tried it a couple times last summer and I can say with feeling and without hesitation, I HATE IT!!!!!!!!!! It is the most awkward and non-user friendly piece of equipment I've ever the misfortune to work on. I would be soooo happy to see that thing listed For Sale on Kijiji. No such luck yet.

Off the basement I head with an upper body work out in mind. Have to stay away from the lower body because of my leg issues. This is what I came up with for this morning. Now keep in mind I'm extremely rusty.

2 - 15 second planks
10 incline push ups
15 crunches
10 - 10lb single bicep curls
10 - 10lb triceps extensions
10 - 15lb squats - leg felt okay
10 - 8.5lb overhead shoulder press

This is a good start for me right now. I'm not going to spout off how I could have, should have and will do. I did and that is good enough for me for now.


4 comments:

Marcelle said...

We all do what you do...its just part of this journey....be patient with yourself.

Thanks for comment in my blog now, am a little concerned about tomorrow as Hubby said hospital said I need to stay in for one night...sounds stupid to me. Going to insist on going home!!

Grace said...

I'm glad you are being careful about your knee. And the workout you did sounds plenty ambitious to me! We also have a "universal" gym in our bedroom, and right now it functions quite nicely as a clothes hanger! :)

Kristin said...

Sounds like a great way to get going.

Tigerlilly said...

Completely unrelated... but, where do you live?? Is it North Carolina??