Monday, April 19, 2010

Half Training Restart

I've been relatively pain free for the last couple days, so I figured now would be as good a day as any to restart the 1/2 marathon training program.

The chicken in me came out in a big way. It was slow easy run. I ran for 25 minutes covering 3K. I'm not sitting back with my morning coffee and icing my leg. Oh, the joys of injury. I hate this so much.

My mental state going in to this was questionable yet determined and now with the injury I'm downright scared. I know it's only shin splints and they are very common. Many people train through worse. I'm not that kinda girl. I'm a worrier. I'm a nervous nelly!

I will build on this to the best of my ability. 3K is 3K and that is better than what I did last week, right?

3 comments:

Syl said...

absolutely! good for you for getting out there and trying, 3k is nothing to be ashamed of, look what you are training for Tammy!
You are going to do great I just know it!

K-Pow said...

3k is definitely 3k and you should take it and run with it....quite literally.

You CAN and WILL do this!

As you build up again that fear will dwindle away...if not..I'm gonna come and punch fear right in the throat for ya!

How's that for fear??

You got this girl!

Tiffa said...

sorry to hear you are injured :( Listen to your body, wear proper shoes and STRETCH! Cannot emphasize the importance of stretching... now to go and take my own advice...