Thursday, November 05, 2009

The Exodus Edition of my Life

I don't know where to begin. Most people would say, the beginning. Where the hell is the beginning?

Queenie
Queenie came home. Queenie is leaving again. She is not finding what she needs here. Our house doesn't feel like a home to her. She is really struggling. She is going again.

It has been talked about at great length. There is great concern about her leaving again. She has done a good job up to a point of making it work for her on her own. It appears to me that she is stuck in two worlds. A world, where for 2 years she was on her own. Making her own decisions. No parenting involved. No one to answer to. No one to tell her what to do. No one to demand expectations of her. In a school that is filled with other young adults. Now, back home she is in a school with 'kids' and it drives her crazy. I don't want to speak for her or how she feels, but it is as though she is displaced in her life.

This particular topic could go on and on, but I'll keep short in saying, that Queenie leaving is very sad for me. I have loved having her around and it breaks me heart to know I'm not going to see her everyday. It has been very good for us that we have had this time together. I know, it has done me worlds of good. When I kicked her out of the house it was one of my biggest life regrets and to put some of that right again, feels good. Really good.

Princess
Princess has now left home. When will the revolving door of my house/life end, really? I'm not saying this for pity or compassion. I'm not looking for it and most importantly I don't want it.

Things have never been easy between Princess and Cute Boy. It is as simple as that. I have been as much a contributing factor to that as anyone. I take my responsibility for that.

My fears of the life Princess will lead while not living at home, scares the hell out of me. I don't even know how to put to words the true depth of my fear. We'll just leave it at that. I've been very quiet about Princess leaving. I think a lot of that silence is the fear. The sadness. The hurt. The worry. The ugly of it. The feelings of failure as a parent.

Me
I never dreamed that I would be living the life I'm living. To think I have a house that neither of my daughters want to live in is just too much for me at times.

I have a life that is sometimes smooth, sometimes not. I am a woman that lives life with my emotions and wouldn't change that even if I could. I'm passionate about the things that matter to me and I'm always trying to figure out how to make those around me that aren't happy happy. I wonder if therein lies my biggest mistake. Worrying more about others than myself and then when I do worry about me and put myself ahead of one or another, I'm left.

I have no relationship with my father (whose birthday is today, by the way) and that is just sad no matter how you look at it. The story is long. The story is simple. I stood up for my children and my father and his wife couldn't handle that and walked away. Sad. There is obviously a lot more to the story, too much to write. The short and long of it is - no relationship with my father.

I don't stand up and fight much for my own happiness, as much as I am happy, I just don't fight for it often because people walk away if you don't tow the line.

My dad - walked away
Queenie - walked away
Princess - walked away

I don't really know what I'm trying to say, but just to get the rattling thoughts out of my head.

I never know if you read or when you read if you do. In case this is one of those times - I love you!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

Huge {{{{{hugs}}}}} Tammy.

Bre said...

More big ((HUGS)) for you hon.

Marcelle said...

so much of this I could relate to...
Cyber hug fro me to you....

Grace said...

I'm so sad that you are going through so much right now. But you will get through this...you are a strong, beautiful woman with a huge heart.

I'm thinking of you and sending big hugs.

Velda said...

You ARE a good mother. I have seen you raise those girls from little toddlers with curly hair and another with independence already at age 7. YOU did good. People choose to walk away because of their own issues with dealing with things, this has NOTHING to do with you. You have always offered love, safety and support. Loving a child (both your loving the girls and your father loving you) is supposed to be UNCONDITIONAL. If someone (your dad) chooses to put conditions on that love, it is NOT your fault. You need to stop taking other people's blame. I love you...

Unknown said...

Ah Tammy, I am sorry you are struggling right now. I know how you feel since I have no contact with my father. (long story too, I will share it sometime) I also worry about what others think too much. It really is a struggle. All I can say is try to be good to yourself. You are an incredible person and love with your whole being. I am the same way. I barely know you and I care very much for you. Hang in there and call if you need to chat. Samantha xo

NHStitcher said...

Aawwww, I am so very sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I wish I could help but all I can offer is HUGS!!

Pumpkin said...

I'm at a loss for words Tammy so I'm sending lots of ((((HUGS)))) your way.