Monday, April 06, 2009

Picking Cotton - Our Memoir of Injustice and Redemption

Be warned - this book contains some graphic descriptions of a woman being raped. I apologize if my posting this book or review hurts you in any way. Please know that was never my intent.




Picking Cotton is an incredibly moving book. It shows the power of forgiveness and the resilience of the human spirit.

During the reading of this book, I was faced with many mixed emotions. I was reading at one point while relaxing in the tub, only to realize that tears were coursing down my cheeks. I was comforted to know the outcome before reading, although I'm not sure if that really did help in how I reacted. Heartbreaking for a bit and then hopeful, to only be heartbroken again.

The courage shown by both the accused and accuser is tremendous! My heart goes out to them both!

No comments: