Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I'm Stoked!

I knew it! I knew it ! I knew it!

I've always known it, not to put it to practice on a consistent basis. Yes, K-Pow I do and can accept myself for who I am, but a little push is not a bad thing. I just need to control the obsessing, I know.

I couldn't be happier to read in this month's Oxygen magazine this little tidbit of information:

A new Brazilian study shows that pairing strength training with a treadmill run expends more energy (hello, burned calories!) and increases aerobic capacity more than an equally long weight training circuit alone. Translation? If you want the fat to sizzle, you've got to stick to both.

~ Journal of Sports Medicine and Physical Fitness

This is what I did in the past that worked so well. I know if I can at least find a portion of the time dedicated then, now, I'll see some success. My obsessive tendencies aside, I can do this. I'm not looking for accolades, I'm just stoked!

6 comments:

K-Pow said...

And I'm stoked for you. I gotta start getting that mag :)

Bre said...

I'm stoked for you too! I wish we were closer to each other - we would get along so well. I've been told I have obsessive tendencies, but I don't think so - I have to go now and obsess over my obsessive tendencies...

Pumpkin said...

See, things do fall into place eventually ;o)

20somethingfatty said...

Glad to see you are so excited! Good luck on getting back into the swing of things. I know I'm just trying to start increasing my cardio to pair with my weight training... time is hard to come by.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Now wait, is that playing with weights while you run or doing a weight circuit followed with a run?

NHStitcher said...

Very interesting information. I will have to get with that program!