Saturday, April 04, 2009

It's Starting To Click

I'm a little bit amazed.

I was talking with my friend Pam yesterday about WW and losing weight. I had mentioned that I weighed in with a STS and all things considered I was okay with that. That is huge for me. The week was a painful one in regards to food and lack of being physical. I'm just starting TOM so that I don't show a big gain is an accomplishment in itself.

While talking with Pam about my current weight, she brought to my attention that since I've been working out (even minimally in the beginning) and honestly following WW again, her calculations have me at somewhere near 10lbs lost.

I was just going over this conversation in my head, not too long ago. I figured I should see just how much I have lost. In the last month, first Friday of March to yesterday, I've lost 7.4lbs. Holy shit. I was watching the numbers go down or stay the same, but didn't realize I was putting together a combined loss of near to 10lbs. If it hadn't been for Pam mentioning it to me I'd be none the wiser. No wonder I feel so much better lately (minus the emotional mess of earlier in the week).

The wanna-be-statistician in me fails this test. I know I'm doing things differently. I'm eating better, watching my portions closer and working out more. I just wasn't putting it all together. That is so unlike me. Could it be that I'm just getting used to doing what I do? That would be a wonderful development in this weight loss journey and healthier lifestyle.

8 comments:

Stitchingranny said...

Do you read Dani's blog - http://tkdchick.blogspot.com/
she has kept a running total in her sidebar since she started losing weight and I am sure this has kept her motivated as she is almost at her target weight now and looks fantastic.

Dont lose heart.

Velda said...

you silly girl, don't you recall that you suck at math! lol

mumzy said...

I know that you must realize that the slower you lose weight, supposedly the slower it will go back on. So be patient girl, you are doing just great!

20somethingfatty said...

I'm glad to hear that you seem to be doing better. 7.4 lbs is great - congrats!

Sarah said...

Wow 7.4lbs since beginning of March is awesome! Keep it up!

Kristin said...

Woohooo...way to go Tammy!

NHStitcher said...

Congratulations! Keep up the workouts and healthy eatiing!

Pumpkin said...

YAY!!!! That's awesome Tammy :o)