Monday, October 27, 2008

Kitchen Craziness

We have a new kitchen layout (similar to our most recent layout) and the biggest news - WE HAVE A NEW KITCHEN COMPANY. Yes, I was yelling there. I'm soooo excited I can't even begin to tell you!

The estimate came in today and it is a savings of $3000+. There are a couple changes and that is okay. If Cute Boy and I decide to upgrade which I'm not sure we will, it will be an additional $1000. Neither of us had a problem with the price that this second kitchen company came in at, even if it was the same amount as Crazy Kitchen Lady, we would be going with this new company.

Things are what they are in regards to the price of some things and then there are certain things we can't fathom paying the price. Our house was originally drawn up with a fireplace in the plans, but we've decided to let that one go by the wayside. I'm a little sad to thing there will not be a fireplace, but not sad enough that I'm going to push for the extra expense and the decorating issues with the limited space we'll have in the upper level of the house.

As much as I'm excited about this house, there are things that are not turning out quite how I planned, nor as Cute Boy planned either. The misrepresentation on the lot size really screwed us over and most any negative issue we're dealing with can be attributed to the lot size issue. It upsets us both a great deal, but once we signed off we were faced with no option of recourse, so it's forage ahead and deal with things to the best of your ability.

I hate looking at this house already in the context of when we sell it, although that is exactly how we are both looking at it. I will be looking at our financial issues with this house in 3 distinct categories:

  1. Pay off any remaining debt
  2. Save for a new lot/house
  3. Save money to pay down the current mortgage
We met with the electrician today at the house. It was our first time inside and OMG is some parts of it ever small! I'm sad to admit I feel that way. On a positive note though, our windows and doors are installed. The black front door is incredible!! I love love love it! I will be heading back out on Thursday to get another picture. It is holy wow beautiful. That is one fight I'm glad I fought! I didn't get a 'good for you fighting for that one' from Cute Boy though. LOL I know he likes it, so I'm good with that!

I think that is all I have for now. Thanks for hanging in with the housing hell!


4 comments:

Bre said...

can't wait to see the pics!

Pumpkin said...

I hope you're not thinking of selling already! I can't wait to see the house with windows and a door now :o) What color siding did you go with????

Kristin said...

I'm sorry the lot size is causing all these issues. I can't wait to see more pics. I'm sure it is gorgeous (despite size issues).

Chiloe said...

I understand for the house not being what you really wanted and thinking about selling it already ;) At least, you know what you'll get for the next one ;-)

Can't wait to see the pics too ;-)