Thursday, October 16, 2008

Raising The Roof


Front view



Side view

As you can see, the house now has a portion of the roof. Things are moving along quite well at the moment. Lets hope the weather continues to cooperate with our builders.

I was home from work sick today, but still had some running around to do. Cute Boy and I figured it would be quick enough to pick out doors and knobs. Quick wasn't even the word. We were in and out in about 10 minutes. The doors are 6 panel Colonial with brushed black knobs. I'm really happy to say knobs, because Cute Boy and I were in disagreement about door hardware. He wanted levers, but I'm such a clutz that my large opening sleeves get caught on the levers and I end up wrenching my shoulder out or falling on my arse. Not fun! We decided on an upgrade of 5 3/4" base trim. It was the easiest decision yet.

I knew the house was an elevated bungalow, but I wasn't expecting 7 front steps. It was a bit of a shock, but one that I'm warming up to now. I've said to Cute Boy that is the opportunity for 7 Fall Mums! Oh, just imagine the colour! I can hardly wait.

I'm not sure what's up next in regards to this house, but hopefully today is the start of a positive stretch and not a stop over for more stress. Today was a very good day! Yaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!

15 comments:

Kristin said...

Woooohoooooo...I love seeing it emerge!

Anonymous said...

very nice! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

when will you go online?

Anonymous said...

thats amazing story.

Anonymous said...

thats amazing story.

Anonymous said...

ok. I found an information here that i want to look for.

Anonymous said...

im your favorite reader here!

Anonymous said...

its good to know about it? where did you get that information?

Anonymous said...

very cool.

Chiloe said...

I see you have planned some outside toilet !!! lol just kidding . I love your house !!! What is going to be above the garage? I don't see any windows there. Thanks again for sharing the pics ;)

Felicity said...

Oh wow! What a palace. You are going to thoroughly enjoy living here.

Stitchingranny said...

Lovely and glad things are going right for you at last. Fingers crossed it will all be a breeze from here on.

Velda said...

YAY FOR KNOBS! lol

_ said...

It's coming along great. I love to watch a house in progress...but I would never ever build one again. Did that once and that's all I ever plan to do.

Pumpkin said...

Looking GOOD!!!! One more step closer :o)