Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Interesting Thought

"Your horoscope for October 21, 2009

You have strong humanitarian instincts, Tammy . You think of your fellow man more often than most. This, combined with your intuition and empathy, makes you ideally suited for the healing professions. If you have been feeling a bit disgruntled at work lately, it may be that you are in the wrong career. Consider training to be a counselor or therapist of some sort. You would be extraordinarily good at it, and could help a lot of people."

This is really interesting. Today of all days, for this to hit my in-box. A counsellor for abused children is what I wanted to do for a living. I got lost in my class selection when I was in college and took the Child and Youth Care worker. I dropped out after 2 months (long ugly story), but it wouldn't have pleased me at all in doing what I wanted to do.

I wanted to be the person that was the first contact with a child taken from an abusive situation. It just never worked out that way for me careeer wise. I don't know, now that I've grown, whether or not I would have been good at this type of job or not. I absorb too much pain of others and I think mentally and emotionally it would have been my personal undoing.

Still neat though.

1 comment:

Velda said...

definitely perfect.