Sunday, August 24, 2008

The Friday Night Knitting Club - Kate Jacobs

Casting on! It starts almost by accident: the women who buy their knitting needles and wool from Georgia's store linger for advice, for a coffee, for a chat and before they know it, every Friday night is knitting night. Finding a pattern! And as the needles clack, and the garments grow, the conversation moves on from patterns and yarn to life, love and everything. These women are of different ages, from different backgrounds and facing different problems, but they are drawn together by threads of affection that prove as durable as the sweaters they knit. The Friday Night Knitting Club - don't you want to join?

~~~~~~~~~~
Book # 22 - Phenomenal is the word used to best describe this book. I've never read a book twice, but this one I could very well read again and again. It was incredible. If you've never read any of the books I've listed here, and you're wanting to one day, this is the one I suggest for you.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I agree! This is a great book - one that I purchased for my home library.

Velda said...

wow a book I might actually read. Do you have it at home, or was it a library choice?

Check my blog - something for you