Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Love with a Capital L - 140 hours

Love is really moving along in all ways lately. You can't believe how happy I am to know my instincts were right about this one. This piece has come to mean so much to me for so many reasons.

You stitchers out there, or some of you anyway, may understand the dreaded feeling of those last few sessions with a piece. Questioning whether it will ever get finished, until you're really close and then it's full steam ahead. In light of recent happenings in my life, I now have a renewed desire to get this piece finished and it will be a new found appreciation for my life that I do.

Stitching is a time consuming, and for the most part, a very relaxing and therapeutic past time. Thus far in my life there has yet to be a piece that represents as much of that to me, than this one. It stands alone in its significance of my life and personal growth. This is now a piece I will look back on and truly feel blessed to have stitched at this particular time? Is that what makes a piece an heirloom?

Happy stitching days to all!

3 comments:

Pumpkin said...

I don't think non-stitchy people really appreciate the work and feelings that we tend to put into a piece. I know when I'm near the end of one, I actually slow down because it's been such a journey that I don't want it to end :o)

Velda said...

Do you stitch more when you're happier? It's gorgeous, bring it over sometime, I'd love to see it in person :)

magickalstitches said...

Wow! You are really moving quickly with this one :) I love seeing your updates...it's especially nice to hear your thoughts about working on it because for me this is one of those pieces I don't get why everyone thinks it's so great. Reading your thoughts on it, I can tell exactly why you love it so much! Keep it up and you'll be done in no time!!!