Thursday, November 29, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

It's starting to feel a bit more like Christmas too. I'm usually in the Christmas spirit long before this, but this year I'm dragging a bit. I'm there now and I'm there with a bang.

I pretty much finished all my shopping today. I have a couple things left to get, not much and not much money needed which is always a blessing.

I finished decorating the upstairs tree about an hour ago. It is so beautiful, if I do say so myself. It is decorated in red and gold colours and appears very regal and classy. I am still debating whether to do a tree in the rec room or not. Lily really wants me to, so I probably will. That tree will have a more homey feel to it and be more country themed, which I absolutely love. You see the problem is, I don't want to have to buy a new artificial tree and that is what is needed for the rec room. The tree from last year just had nothing left to give so it was trashed. Lily would like to get a real tree, but as much as I love them, they are so much work. I always struggle with disposing of the tree after the holidays and stuff. Oh, I dislike this indecisiveness.

The shopping is done and the tree is trimmed! Oh, I said that already didn't I. Now, all that is left to do is some baking, visit friends and enjoy the wonder of the holiday season that I fondly like to refer to as CHRISTMAS!!!!

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

5 comments:

_ said...

Oh good, glad you are finally in the holiday spirit. Do we get to see pics of your tree.

Pumpkin said...

My goodness girl! Another one with her tree already up! We always get a real one so we're quite late getting ours up. I don't know if we'll have one this year or not but I told DH that we might get crafty instead and make feeders for the birds :o)

Would love to see pictures of your tree though!

Chiloe said...

No tree here yet. We always have a live tree so we have to wait !!!I don't feel the christmas spirit yet. I'd like to see some pictures too. You can buy a new artificial after christmas for next year. (when they are 50% off !!!)

Velda said...

oohhh I can't wait for my macaroons..oops did I say that out loud? lol

As for disposing of the tree, look off your back porch and to the right girl! lol that's where we always "disposed of" when we lived on that street lol....now we just leave it on our front yard and the wind eventually takes it away lol

the Wild One in the DC area said...

Tammy,

Another idea would be if you wanted a real tree, if you had room to plant it later this spring, would be maybe to get a smaller live one in a planter and deocrate it for the season. Once done and it was the right time where you were, you plant it and add back to the environment at the same time