Friday, September 28, 2007

Sheer Abandon - Penny Vincenzi


One night in 1986 an abandoned baby girl is found in a cupboard at Heathrow airport. A year earlier Martha, Clio and Jocasta had met by chance, at the start of a backpacking adventure: they travelled together briefly and then went their own ways, swearing to meet again when they return home. But it would be a long time until they met again: not until Kate, the foundling, is a teenager, and all three are leading successful lives. Martha is a single, highly paid lawyer, Clio a doctor, locked in an unhappy marriage, and Jocasta a reporter, in love with a charming commitment-phobe. Which of them is Kate's mother? Why was she desperate enough to do such a thing, and how did she survive it?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It took me a very long time to read this book, but it had nothing to do with my enjoyment level. This book was very good, but reserved books kept coming in from the library that kept getting in the way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting. I don't know if it would keep my interest up.

Chris said...

Thanks Tammy! Just what I need, another book to add to my "to read" list.

Deirdre said...

I just put it on my request list:) Thanks for the the new book!