Sunday, June 17, 2007

Lovin' Life

I've been remiss with posting anything of depth lately. My life is in such a great place right now and I struggle with posting. When life is difficult and filled with strife, getting the words out of my head is so much easier than posting a 'feel good' entry. Why is that? Is it truly the misery loves company syndrome? I'm putting forth an effort to change the way I do things around here!

I woke up this morning and felt amazing, so amazing in fact I had to share it with someone. Does it have anything to do with spending the day with Cute Boy and his daughters all day Saturday. It was an awesome day, one that could have only been better if Princess had been with us. She had already made plans with a friend by the time I tried to get her to share her day/evening with us. She seems to be coming around in realizing 'this' is life now! I'm very proud of her!

That I can find such happiness and peace in my life is something of which I'm surprised. I very much live two lives. One life at home with Princess and one away from home and with Cute Boy. I seem to spend more time at his house than I do my own at times, but for the most part I do what I can to keep the balance up. I fail some days and others I'm a queen of all things!

There are many things in my life that are not what I would have envisioned for myself or my girls. I have a daughter no longer living at home. I worry about her more than I show. I know she's not making decisions that are going to be good for her in the long run, but I'm trying to stand back and let things happen as they will. My motto for this one is: "Lesson learned nothing lost". There are financial stresses upon financial stresses. A job I love, but hours I hate, another 2 people to be hired in my department (more financial stress) and I'm still finding a reason to be so excited about life and what it has to offer. The biggest change I see in myself, and how I know I've changed and matured over that last few months is that these challenges are not the end of the world. Without the struggle, the sweetest moments wouldn't feel so sweet if not for the hard work put forth to achieve them.

Whatever tomorrow brings, I look forward to the day. I would much prefer the ease rather than the fight, but no matter what, I know this is my place in life. A good place it is too. This is where I want to be and would not change one single thing if it meant this is not the here and now of my days!

In closing, I want you all to know: "I have a new toothbrush!" WOOT WOOT!!!! Can I get some hands in the air with a little WOOT WOOT!!!

1 comment:

Velda said...

you're wooting instead of clapping? lol....good for you, and keep on going, you're doing just fine and everyone else WILL be okay.