Thursday, March 01, 2007

February Finishing

With the start of a new month I always set goals for what I want to accomplish in my stitching and size up where I achieved the goals I set for the previous month.

I did accomplish a couple of goals. I finished Mirabilia's Elf Fairy and hit my personal goal of an average of an hour per day of stitching. I was able to dedicate 39 hours 5 minutes to my stitching this month. All I can say is thank goodness I have a job that allows me the time to stitch, if not for that I'd never have time.

I deviated from my original plan of not starting anything new this year. Now that is a good one if I've ever! I had to go and start Love with a Capital L. I've not been able to dedicate a lot of time to it yet because I'm trying to finish up my Dear Santa piece yet. It would be so cool to finish Dear Santa this month and have 3 finishes in the first 3 months of the year. I'm really close to finished, but keep getting called to Love and then with everything else going on in life I just get too busy! Excuses, excuses.

There has been so much going on lately. In the past month I've pretty much finished Princess' bedroom renovations. There is still a few things to get finished, but not much more I can do. I'm waiting on window coverings as well as the curtain-type covering she wants for her canopy. She has found what she wants, but I'm waiting on the store to see if they can order them in.

My bedroom renovations are pretty much complete. I have to go to Home Depot today to pick up a few things. My flooring has been laid, my trim hung, my new bed put together (my goodness it is high). I recently bought a new chair and side table for my room. I think they put a nice finishing touch to everything. There is still a bit of money to be spent and time to be committed, but from what it looked like a week ago until today, it is worlds apart.

Cute Boy has been hard at work on my room and I couldn't be more thankful.... how to thank him really, I don't know. Simple words don't seem to suffice in this situation. I will be forever grateful. My newly renovated room is where I most want to spend my time just to be me in a space that is decorated completely by me. It is a small slice of heaven in my very own home.

All this changes in my house will be accompanied with pics at one point or another. As I stated before my camera is on the fritz and I need to figure out what I'm going to do about it, but until then I'll do the best I can to describe the things going on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very productive month.