Thursday, March 15, 2007

Step On A Crack ~ James Patterson


First there was Alex Cross.

Then there was the Women's Murder Club.

Now meet Detective Michael Bennett, NYPD.

Detective Michael Bennett is about to face the greatest challenge of his career. After the death of a beloved former first lady, the most powerful people in the world gather in New York for her funeral. Then the inconceivable occurs. Billionaires, politicians, and superstars of every kind are suddenly trapped within one man's brilliant and ruthless scenario.

Ten adopted kids.
Bennett–father of ten–is pulled into the fray but is then hit with devastating news: his wife is battling a terrible disease. As New York descends into chaos, he faces the prospect of losing the great love of his life and having to raise his children alone.

The crime of the century to solve.
Day after day, Bennett confronts the most ruthless man he has ever encountered, a man who kills without hesitation. As the entire world watches, Bennett has to find a way out–or face responsibility for the greatest debacle in history.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This man is absolutely brilliant. I don't know how he does it, I'm just glad he does. I read this book in just over 12 hours. I couldn't put it down and it was worth every minute.

1 comment:

Sara Laughs said...

A few years ago I made it my mission to read all the James Patterson's I could get my hands on. I read right up to his first book with the murder club series and then I got tired of his writing style. I often burn out when I read too much of one author. But this weekend I was in Sam's Club and they had Judge & Jury and it looked awesome. I wonder though, looking at his booklist, if I shouldn't try to read Step on a Crack first. I can't remember the character in Judge. If it's the same guy I want to read them in order.