Monday, September 13, 2010

On Your Mark, Get Set....

Go!!!!!

Front shot



Side Shot --- my goodness!!!





The backside - ugly ugly!!!


Since the beginning of September I have been participating in Syl's 30 day challenge that she has going on her blog and Facebook page. I've not been to the gym every day this month nor did I expect to be.

I started this challenge as way to get my motivation level up and inspire myself to want to do something more than nothing. It is a great way for me to get back to doing something for me and only me. That comes out more selfish than I would or could ever be.

I'm not back to work yet, so getting to the gym is pretty easy right now. I will be juggling and struggling more when I am back to work. As of right now, I'm not sure when that will be. I was to have a doctor's appointment today to assess the situation and see where and what happens next, but my doctor's office called early this morning to cancel the appointment. My next appointment isn't until next Tuesday now.

Sadly, my breathing issues are still front and centre. I struggle to get a full breath and have to do funky things with my mouth to get a decent breath or a full lung breath. I do a lot of sighing and it sounds like I'm always yawning or huffing in annoyance. I'm not, I'm just trying to breath. Scary crap, I tell ya! I think it's related to stress and anxiety, but a doctor I'm not so who really knows.

As for the gym, I've currently been there 9/12 days. All things considered I'm extremely impressed with that so far. I will keep working towards my goal of a healthier more fit body. Mentally, I'm a long way off, but I will keep working on that too!

Until next time, to those of you that are still out there reading - thank you!

Love and hugs!

4 comments:

Tigerlilly said...

I have that breathing problem too. Usually when I am stressed out... or having anxiety. I feel like I can't get enough air in my lungs. I usually end up doing breathing exercises until I settle down a little. The best cure? Exercise. Ironic, right?

I hope things are doing better for you and I'm glad your back!!

Amy said...

Hi,
you look great! If only I could look that good! We can't all be perfect and there are very very few that are perfect!

I don't understand what is going on in your life, but I will pray for you!
Amy

K-Pow said...

I hope all the breathing/stress/health issues get sorted out soon.

X & O's!

_ said...

Please try not to over extend yourself once you go back to work. I understand all too well about trying to juggle everything...you can driver yourself crazy trying to do everything. Good luck at your next appt. Hope the breathing issues clear up soon for you...sounds very scary. (((Hugs))) Luv ya sweetie!