Thursday, May 27, 2010

Woozers Wednesday

Wednesday was not as successful food wise, but it was a great day.


Cute Boy and I did some work around the house and then stuffed our bellies with grilled steaks, asparagus, garlic potatoes and 2 beer! It was the beer and the steak that really upset the scales in the eating department. It was all good though. Good tasting and good mentally. It was hot as hades in my neck of the woods and that beer was just what I needed. Water would have been better for me, but wouldn't have tasted quite as good. ;)


I'm down to 3 days for the half marathon. That is crazy. I've not been training like I should be. Very afraid of aggravating the shin splints, so I'm just winging it. I mean no disrespect to those that train hours and hours hitting the street. I just can not muster the strength of character to hit the street, I'm that scared. I don't know what would be worse. Running this thing the way I am, on a wing and a prayer or running it with pain. It's a tough decision, but not one I can change now.


In other non running/eating related news. The Velda's Angels Relay for Life team has hit it's online fundraising goal of $1500! I'm uber excited about that! This event has been a lot of planning and a lot of work, but something that has been extremely rewarding. I'm blessed with the help and support of some amazing women. Some read the blog and some don't. You know who you are! In my head and in my heart - YOU ARE ROCK STARS!

Wednesday was a great day! Now to get going on Thursday and make it just a good.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Good luck on your half! Just do it the best you can and it will be awesome, I promise! The feeling of crossing that finish line is like none other in the world!

Velda said...

I'd rather be a country star, but I'll take rock star. Off the beaten path, can your turtle be overfed?