Monday, May 03, 2010

Productive Monkey on Monday

Do you ever get so mad at someone you could just cry. You're not hurt. You're just so angry at them you could cry. Oh, and this time, it's not Cute Boy. Phew!

I have a co-worker that is ridiculous and I say that in the nicest way possible. We have been friends for 18 years and seen each other through a lot. She can be very nice and then..... like a lurking predator in shallow waters (cue the Jaws music), she comes up and bites you in the ass. A word of advice - Do not drunk dial. Better yet, DO NOT DRUNK DIAL ME AT WORK! In all seriousness get yourself some help!

Just had to get that off my chest.

On to the good part of my day! I was very Relay For Life productive today. I have arranged an economical fee for advertising for our team yard sale/bake sale.

I have secured A-frame signs to advertise Velda's Angels yard sale, from my real estate agent/friend. He is going to drop them off at the house a few days prior to the yard sale. Andy, you rock!

I bought some supplies for the yard sale - yellow bristol board, yellow balloons, pricing stickers.

I was able to print off some copies of the flyer and have given a few to a friend who is going to hang them up around her house so as to generate some business. I've talked to the library and Starbucks to ensure I can advertise there. Both were very gracious and encouraging. Sweet!!!!

Krista has made some headway in getting us a 16' pool to sell at our yard sale. I'm stoked about that. I have people that are scouring their basements for stuff to sell and e-mails sent requesting baked goodies to be donated as well.

I have the keys to the house where the yard sale is being held, so I can start co-ordinating the drop off of stuff. That should be fun, if not a bit challenging.

I'm a notebook toting organizer, trying to keep all my hats in place with regards to what I have to do and remember where and when I have to be somewhere. It's going to be a very hectic month and then factor in I have a 1/2 marathon to run in 27 days. How the hell did that happen?

Oh, and the best part, I got a $25.00 donation today! How cool is that? Tres cool!

Stay tuned. Tomorrow will have more exciting news. This one, I'm excited about, if not a little bit sad, but the reason I Relay!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That all sounds so great. I know that having a super productive day always makes me feel really great and accomplished. Good luck with the big event!