Friday, December 15, 2017

Hidden Money


I've been on a journey of debt reduction and minimalizing my possessions.  If I don't use it and it has no emotional attachment (minus my wedding dress), I am selling it and dumping the money on debt.

I started this path of cleaning and purging when I was tired of owning clothing that no longer fit and wanting to pay for a trip without amassing debt and using credit cards.

Since the beginning of the year, I've sold near to $1600 worth of stuff, most items in the $5.00 range, although with the higher priced items, it averages out to about $8-10 per item.  

This bra represents a whole lot to me!  I am part of a few Dave Ramsey Facebook groups and people quite often say they have nothing to sell.  I beg to differ. You have a lot more than you think.  Think outside the box.  This bra has been sitting in my drawer for about 5 years, still with tags on it.  I bought it to wear under my wedding dress, but that didn't work, so rather than take it back to the store, I kept it 'just in case'.... my sweet lord!  How foolish.  

Fast forward 5 years.  I have had this thing listed for sale for about 6 months.  A lot of interest, but as is often the way with online sales, zero respect and no follow through with pick up  - until last night!  I pocketed a cool $15.00 for this beauty!   It was money that went directly to my dog grooming sinking fund.  $10.00 in sales and Daisy's next grooming appointment is funded.

Step back and take a look.  What do you have to sell?  I bet more than you realize!

Until next time,

~T xo

No comments: