Friday, August 11, 2006

Yankee Stadium won't stand a chance

Originally posted July 12, 2006

Stitching
I'm back with another update of sorts. I've had an absolutely awesome stitchy day.

I worked on Giggles boy for 3 hours 15 minutes. I'm sooo close to finished. I'm holding out hope for tomorrow. I really need to get my WIP numbers down so I can make room for more pieces. I'm a junkie, I know. I've become a reborn stitching fiend, I think.

I found the most wonderful cross stitch today, Yankee stadium. What could be more fitting for me, than that? Okay a few things, I know. I literally screamed when I saw Yankees stadium too! It's rather funny now thinking back.

I'm in the process of gathering all my DMC floss colours. I've been struggling with not having colours and its gotten to the point where I've had enough.


Life
I'm getting a little nervous about the quiet of my life. I know I shouldn't but I have this 'calm before the storm' kind of feeling. I hate having that 'what's next' feeling. Oh well, not much I can do so I'll just ride it out until whenever.

I've been trying to keep busy around the house. Get things done, but not spend too much money doing it. It's a challenge at the best of times. I can't wait until things are resolved and my house is MY house. Sounds selfish, a bit, but it's been too long now with this life just hanging in the balance.

I've been talking with Alyssa a bit about starting to save to buy a car. It was a grand plan of her father's to buy her a Ford Mustang as her first car, well I can't afford to do so, as much as I would like to be able. I'm trying to encourage Alyssa to save money each paycheque and I'll match her dollar for dollar letting her set the amount each of her pay cheques. I'll let you know what she decides..... would be a no-brainer to me, but whatever.

Love, hugs and happy stitching to you.

No comments: