Friday, August 11, 2006

Finishes, friends and good food


Originally posted Thursday July 13, 2006

Stitching
I had an awesome stitching day. I finished one of major pieces and it feels wonderful. I was able to stitch today while visiting Velda. I put 2 hours and 30 minutes in to Giggles Boy and I couldn't be happier to have him finished.


It's a bit scary this stitchy wave I've been riding. I won't be able to keep this pace up for long, but it's fun while I'm riding it.

I'm trying to figure out what piece to have as my next focus piece. I've got nothing but time, so I'm in no hurry to figure that one out. Until then I'm back to Vicki's FFF piece tonight when I get to work. I'm looking forward to maybe getting another 1 hour and half in on it tonight which is about all I can accomplish on a midnight.

Life
Things here are quiet but busy. I'm working ridiculous shifts. I got off work at 2am today and I'm heading back to work for 2am again. I'll get off tomorrow moring at 7am to have to turn around and be back to work 24 hours later a completely different shift. Is it any wonder I walk around exhausted most of the time.

I had an awesome day with Velda today. It is so good to have a person to just sit with it and know you're okay. We had fun today, but for us, we were quiet at times. It was awesome, and when we were laughing, as always it was great fun. She fed me the best salad today, nothing special just the best garden salad. I think it was the red onion, oh ya and the feta cheese, that sealed the deal. Two of my favorite foods with one of my favorite people. What could be better I ask you?

I'm taking my work out bag with me to work tonight in the hopes of running 3K when I get off work at 7am. It is beautiful down by the hospital and a run by the water might be just the thing I need at 7am.... All things considered I'll probably end up home in bed by 7:30a, but my hearts in the right place.

The girls are gone for the night having a sleep over and man is it ever quiet around here with them gone. I crave the quiet sometimes and then when I get it I don't particularly like it.

That's all for now.

Love, hugs and happy stitching to you all.

No comments: