Thursday, August 10, 2006

Struggling with most everything right now...

originally posted April 4, 2006

Stitching
Still plugging away on Robin's Numbers piece. It seems right now, like I'm stitching and stitching on it, but not getting any closer to finished. I logged another 45 minutes today. I didn't hit my hopeful goal of an hour, but pretty close.

I'm getting the itch to start something new and I have to control the urge. The last thing I need is another piece in my rotation. It's been weeks since I've last worked on anything of my own, so who am I kidding?

Life
The girls have been home sick from school for the last 2 days. I believe Lillian will be staying home on Wednesday too. She has a cold and just a simple cold, but it is keeping her up at night which is creating a very sluggish, tired little girl.

I've been giving some thoughts to my little Oscar dog. I think I've come to the conclusion I have to put him down. Please no flames. I've been giving it a lot of thought and have been cowardly about making a decision. He is peeing and pooping all over the place and has been since we got him. No matter what I do to try and train him it is no use. He will pee or poo right in front of you and right after he's come in from outside. My house is starting to smell really bad and it is driving me nuts.

Adding to the mess of the peeing and pooing, he has started to bite and snap at people. The girls have a really hard time getting him in his crate, which he must be put in because of the messing. He will snap and bite them. He's given me a few little nips from time to time. With all the kids I have in and out of my house, I'm afraid he'll bite someone and do some serious damage. I'm just torn up about this. Rob used to be the 'disposable' animal owner, not me. My heart is just broken. My heart was in the right place when I brought him home and now I just feel sick that I can't make this situation work.

On a happier note when I get off work Wednesday morning at 7am I don't have to come back to work until Sunday at 7am. I so need these days off it's not even a little bit funny.

For the first time in weeks I went to the gym today. It felt amazing to be back at it. I'm trying to focus on my midsection. I need to clean up my eating and work on my abs and see if I can find any definition there. It's a long road, but one I'm getting excited about travelling again. I've been away from the gym for a long time, a long time for me, anyway that being back felt just awesome. I'll see if I can get myself back there over the next couple days. This single mother thing along with working and dating it is a lot to juggle. Hats off to those that do so. You have my respect. It seems with all things I have on my plate, the gym is the first to go.

Well, enough chattering from me today.

Lots of love and happy stitching days to you.

No comments: