Friday, August 11, 2006

Give them time it will pay huge dividends

Originally Friday July 21, 2006

Stitching
I've been working on my Halloween Fairy the last couple days. I was able to get 3 hours in on today. She still doesn't look like much, but she'll start to look like something sooner or later.

I'm hoping to get Hallowe'en Fairy to 10 hours then I'll move on to an hour of Spirit of Christmas than to Robin's Finish It piece.

Life
I was off today, but not really. I worked a midnight and had to sleep. It makes me a bit sluggish, but all things considered I got a bit done around the house.

I painted the kick plates on the one set of stairs. It was a quick job and not the best I could/should have done, but it looks so much better than before. I took me about 30 minutes. I'll never understand why I delayed this little job for so long now that I've got it finished.

I got news from the Taxation office yesterday that I qualify for a Child Tax Credit now that I'm separated and soon to be divorced. I gave each of the girls 1/2 the cheque to get them started on back to school shopping. This extra money every month will really help in them getting things I've been otherwise unable to get for them. I felt a bit of a relief at this little tidbit of news. My plan is to be able to give them this money monthly even though they don't know it yet. It feels good to be able to give a little to them for all they've been through.

On that giving thought, I've been hearing a lot of grumbing from Alyssa on behalf of her friends and the relationship her friends have with their parents. I will ask things about the girls and the parents letting them take the city bus at 10 and 11 o'clock at night.... can the parents not drive them and things along that line. Alyssa informs me that the parents just give money, but aren't 'available' to the kids. Now I know this is just one side of the story, but so very sad just the same. I don't have a lot of money to give, but don't people realize time is free really. This has been eating at me the last couple days and had to get it off my chest.

I'm really having a difficult time having no kitty cats around the house. I've been watching the papers for free kittens but no luck which isn't all bad. I've put the word out to friends that I'm looking for kittens, but nothing on that front either. Things will work out when the time is right so I'll not stress about it at this point or at all.

Thats all from me for now.

Love, hugs and happy stitching to you all.

No comments: