Friday, August 11, 2006

Stitching Single in a Double Bed

Originally posted Monday July 30, 2006

July Stitching Success
I've had one of my busiest stitching months that I can think of in a very long time. I worked on a total of 9 pieces this month and let me tell ya, it was fun. The following is the list of pieces and the time I was able to put into each piece.



  • The Bride 3 hours
  • Giggles Boy 6 hours (finished)
  • Spirit of Christmas 3 hours 5 minutes
  • Vicki's Quilt Square 4 hours 30 minutes
  • Jill's Duck's 3 hours
  • Vicki's FFF 20 hours 15 minutes
  • Halloween Fairy 6 hours 20 minutes
  • Be Warm Be Welcome 5 hours
  • Robin's Finish It piece 1 hour 30 minutes

It was a productive month with a total stitching time of 52 hours 40 minutes. I don't remember when I've last stitched that much. It far surpasses my goals of an average of an hour per day. I saw the completion of 1 piece, Giggles boy and the start of 2 others, Be Warm Be Welcome and Halloween Fairy. What am I doing? Having fun would be the best answer to that question I think.

August goals

  • Summer Breeze 5 hours done
  • Spirit of Christmas 10 hours ~ 5 hours a rotation piece and 5 while switching back and forth for 1 hour between the other pieces Finished 2 hour
  • Job's Tears 5 hours done
  • Angel Proclamation 5 hours done
  • Hydrangea Harvest 10 hours
  • Dear Santa 5 hours

These are rather lofty goals considering this might prove to be a bit busier month than July, but I'm hopeful I can hit these goals. I'm staying home more (almost hermit like) and it is enabling me to get in a lot of stitching time.

Life

Things in life have been busy but boring this past month if that makes any sense at all. I've finally got a signing date for my separation agreement as most of you are now aware. Life has settled into a dull calm, but after all the drama I see from time to time its not all bad.

The loneliness of being single is overwhelming sometimes. Really if I didn't have my stitching and lately all the movies I've rented to occupy my nights, I'd be stir crazy by now. I'm glad I pretty much like myself because that is who I most spend my time with ~ me. I may sound as though I'm feeling sorry for myself I'm not really, just figuring out my place in life right now and that place would be me on my own. Will it always be like this, I think so, so I might as well work at getting used to it. It's not all bad just different from what I've lived with the last 20 years of my life.

Things with the girls is well. I'm thankful for that more than I can tell you. They have crazy busy social lives which at times drives me crazy, but thats okay too. It gives me something to do.

I'm a bit excited for the month of August because myself, Lily a friend of mine and possibly her daughter are going to see Keith Urban in concert at the Syracuse State Fair August 25. I've not mentioned it before because I don't want to wish away the summer. I'm also going to see Theory of A Deadman, George Canyon and Hedley at a local concert venue about 20 minutes from town. It should promise to be a lot of fun. Alyssa has wanted to see Theory of A Deadman for quite some time now. I've seen them 3x times already and everytime in a bar. They are amazing! I told her as soon as they played in a venue other than a bar I'd take her, so I'm taking her. I can't wait, but again don't want to wish the summer away.

July has been a pretty good month for me getting things done around the house. I've had my door partially repaired. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am about that! It is awesome to have someone fix my door that actually knows a thing or two about what he's doing. I've painted the kickplates on my stairs. They look so much better and it was a half hour job to do. Too cool. I was able to get rid of an old canoe from my backyard. It looks better already. Now to get back there and really get it cleaned up. It's a lot of work, but I think in the end it will be a lot better. I have some ideas brewing in my head about how to clean it up and decorate it down there. I'll have to remember some time to take a pic so we'll have a before and after comparison.

Well, I think that is all I have to natter on about tonight. I've not written in my journal in quite some time and now to open the floodgates it never stops!

Love, hugs and happy stitching to you all.

No comments: