Friday, June 13, 2008

Going Going Gone!



This would be where I tell you, Cute Boy's house sold yesterday!

I couldn't be happier. The closing date on his house is mid-August, at which point he'll be moving in with me, Princess and the dog.

My house is not yet listed, nor is it ready. I'm hoping to have it market ready by the first week of July. There isn't a lot to be done, but the perfectionist in me will be freaking out until the day the sign is installed.

My real estate agent is confident in my house selling fast. Watch it sit for ages! Yikes. The challenge will be trying to co-ordinate the closing of my house to the completion of the one we're having built. It promises to be interesting. Cute Boy and I are already talking about the fact that we may have to rent a house/cottage or apartment for a few months. Now this all depends on my closing date, of course.

Cute Boy and I will be meeting with the money guy sometime next week, we'll also be signing the contract with the builders and what comes after that, who is to know!

I'm feeling somewhat overwhelmed at all the unknowns. I'm excited for the melding of our two lives, and anxious on so many other levels.

I'll keep you posted on what is to come and all the fun involved.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Congrats on the sale.
When the time comes, an option might be renting your house back from the new owner if the new house isn't ready yet.

Velda said...

WOOOHOOO and I'm so glad that you're not moving too far away!

Chiloe said...

Bad news then great news: we like to see you happy Tammy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy for you both ;)

Vicki said...

That is awesome, Tammy! I'm so excited for you guys. And somehow things will all come together when it comes to your closing date and the finishing of your new house. And now you've got one hurdle out of the way with T's house. Yay!

Deirdre said...

Congratulations! That is awesome!

Bre said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you~~~

Stitchingranny said...

Glad house no 1 has sold ok and will keep my fingers crossed for house no 2 to do just the same. Better to have to rent for a while than have an unsold house.

Pumpkin said...

{{{doing a little dance}}}

WOOHOOOOO! That's awesome Tammy! Congrats :o)