Sunday, June 22, 2008

Freaking Foot Pain

I don't know how I did it, but I hurt my left foot really badly today when running. I had a terrible run, but nothing that indicated any kind of pain whatsoever. I mean, I had muscle pain, but most runs there will be some sort of muscle fatigue and what feels like pain. It wasn't until I was back at the house and stretching that I felt this incredible ache in my left foot. Pain is located on the outer bone that runs on the outside of my foot midway towards the back of my heel.

I'm unable to put pressure on my foot without wincing in pain and pulling up on the heel. I'm basically walking normal with my right foot and tip toeing on my left. Looking good, I am! Such a beautiful fluid gait. NOT! I've been taking pain meds and have it elevated while I was trying to sleep. 'Trying' is the imperative word there. I've not slept a wink all night. I'm too busy for an injury! Damn it!

~~~~~~~~~~
I've not been training all that much for my upcoming 10K run. With that being said, I'm not even sure I'll be able to run it now! I did run my longest run today. Very very exciting. It was a total mental run. I felt sluggish the whole time. No pain at all, but just as though it was my mind pushing me rather than my legs. I'll keep you posted on the eventual run or cancellation of said run. I really hope I can do this, one for myself and the other for Krista.

~~~~~~~~~~
Princess is back from her dad's by now, obviously. I have yet to post about it only because I've been blog blah! Sorry. Her time was good she tells me. She was due home on Sunday afternoon, but without fail she texts me on Saturday afternoon that she wont be home until Monday now because he dad wants to take her to the MuchMusic Video Awards. I don't begrudge the child the opportunity to do something really cool like that, but it is typical that he not follow through with bringing her home or picking her up at pre-determined time.

I got a text message from her on Sunday night stating they were home earlier than expected and she'd tell what happened when she sees me. 'What happened' is always a comment used when describing something involving her dad. Oh, how glad I am that I don't live his life anymore! Apparently throughout the day standing watching the shows be rehearsed, his girlfriend got in to a fight with some woman. Lo and behold he was shoving someone around too at one point... auuuughhhh!

Other than the fighting incident she didn't talk too much about her time up there. She mentioned all the animals they have: cat, dog, 4 birds, if not more, iguana and whatever else I'm not sure. It is always a problem when she comes back she wants to go on an animal buying/adopting spree. I find multiple animal ownership representative to a certain lifestyle. Not my cup of tea.

~~~~~~~~~~
On the animal front: Princess bought her sister and sister's boyfriend a joint birthday present. A kitten. I'm so frustrated and disappointed I can't even tell you. My aforementioned multiple animal lifestyle type of thing, I feel Queenie falls in this category I'm so sorry to say. This is a male kitten that is going to 'squirt' and really stink at one point. With little money, how is it these kids are going to be able to pay to get him fixed?

Why is it those that can least afford things such as animals and appropriate health care for these animals are the ones that own multiple pets? I just don't get it. I have Daisy and love her to bits and I struggle with the cost of vet appointments and grooming upkeep. I still have yet to get her fixed because of the cost. I couldn't imagine the cost of owning more than 1 pet and the responsibility of that care and expense. I don't know. Maybe it's just me.

~~~~~~~~~~
I've not been stitching at all. I'm working 2p-10p this coming week, so that is good for approximately an 1 hour per night. I can maybe get more in if I'm diligent, but usually I putter the night away and only accomplish an hour. That should be good to another update pic though. That would make me happy.

~~~~~~~~~~
I'm working on getting my house ready to list. I have a few minor jobs to do and then it is major cleaning time. I'm hoping to have my place on the market mid-week. It is a lot of work, but work I'm really enjoying. I'm not sure with this foot injury how productive I'm going to be tomorrow, but I'll persevere. I always do.

I look at every day right now, as one day closer to living one life and not 2 or 3. That is very exciting for me. I'm run ragged most of the time and it is because of all the pressure I put on myself to do this, do that, be here, be there. I don't know that anyone really understands or cares to understand that amount of pressure I feel most every day keeping things going in my life. The balls are many, from the house, to my finances (I'm freaking about them), to my personal time, running, trying to eat healthy, just trying to fit it all in. I'm exhausted

~~~~~~~~~~
Cute Boy and I met with our real estate agent Thursday night to go over the contract agreement for the building of our house. It is a lot of information, but we are learning lots. I can't wait to start looking at samples and stuff. I thought the sample looking and choosing would be quite some time yet, but apparently not. I'll keep you updated on that situation as it plays out.

I'm really looking forward to the excitement of building. I think it is going to be lots of fun. So far, the company we're dealing with has been really good. I hope that is something that continues. They will stay in contact with us throughout the process and tell us what we need to decide and when. We will book appointments to look at brick front, schedule with electricians, painters, cable installers all that. It sounds like a lot of work, but a ton of fun too.

I think I'm most looking forward to the kitchen cabinetry and flooring selection. They are the big ones for me. Cute Boy seems more about multiple outlets and wiring for the audio in the basement/rec room. I know he's more involved than that, but he mentions them alot. Such a guy thing. Gotta love 'em!

~~~~~~~~~~
Well, seeing it is 2:30 am and I should be sleeping, I'm going to try and do just that. I don't hold out much hope. Just thinking of laying down again, I can feel a throbbing in my foot! AUUUGGGHHH Oh well, shit happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~
One very exciting thing I forgot to mention, K-Pow, Lisa, Isabelle (2 girls from ball) and myself are going to do a girl's camping weekend. We are just in the early stages of talking and planning. I can hardly wait. It will be a blast. I can already imagine the sore stomach muscles from laughing so much, not to mention the killer headache from a massive hangover. This will go a long way towards recharging my exhausted personal battery. This is something I really need and hope that we can pull it together! Such fun to be had.

Now, I'm finally off to bed.

As I say to Cute Boy, I shall say to you:

Sweet dreams,

~T xoxoxo

8 comments:

Bre said...

(((HUGS))) Sweetie, hope it's nothing serious!!

Unknown said...

I hope all is well with your foot. And I'm glad Lily is back home.

Velda said...

I hope your foot is better or you get it checked hon...


If you can hobble over here, I have been instructed to reveal your surprise to you as soon as you can stop by.......

Margaret said...

The house building sounds so exciting! I can't wait to hear more as it progresses.

Sending healing vibes to that foot of yours!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word...I broke TT.

Please call if you need anything :)

XOXO
K-Pow

Stitchingranny said...

Hope there is no long term damage to your foot and that you will be able to take part in your 10k run.

Chiloe said...

I hope you didn't get hurt too bad ??? I will never understand how we can hurt ourselves without feeling it ... And what about the bruises when we bump and forget about it ;)

Best wishes for your future house: itis soooooo exciting to build something for both of you , like a new life together :D

Pumpkin said...

I hope that foot is better by now :o( Something you do not need! ((((HUGS))))

I also hope that things are running smoother than they were when you wrote this post. Hang in there girl!