Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Life As I Know It

The MIA contractor has been found. I feel like such a heel I can't even tell you. I called last week and left a message with no reply. I'd had about enough and called again today and was going to leave a snippy message. He picked up and explained he'd been out of town because his mother was sick. I understand that, I really do, but is my expecting a call too much to ask? I don't do bitchy well, but I was about ready to lose it. All things said and done the work will continue and I'm hoping it won't take too much longer and I can list my house.

Scott came by today, totally unexpected and packed up the garage filled garbage and carted it off to the dump. WOOHOO! I can see the garage floor. I could get really ingenious and probably get my car parked in there. I've owned my new car now for over a year and it has never been over the garage threshold. Poor wee car.

Cute Boy, the lucky bum, listed his house today. I'm so beyond jealous! It is really happening and I couldn't be happier than I am in this very minute. Even surrounded with all the uncertainty with my own renovations and listing of my own house I'm just ecstatic with the path my life is taking right now! It's amazing how life can seem so bleak one day and so full of hope and promise the next. It's my life, I'm living it and I sometimes can believe my luck and good fortune. I still look at him some days and ask myself, 'Wow, this is really you and him'. Who'd a thunk it? Definitely not me. Life has a funny way of working out sometimes!

Things, as usual, have been crazy busy. I've still not been to the gym. That will change as of tomorrow morning. I got a new work out journal tonight, so I want to christen it with Krista! I've given her my word and I've broken it so much as of late so I must hold true to this one! 5am and the alarm will be ringing. I must answer the call. I will probably die at the gym, but I must be there.

That being said, I'm not going to work overly hard. I've been having issues with some sort of funky sensation in my chest lately. I get this sensation in my torso, that feels like I'm touching a 9volt battery. Very strange and unsettling. I have a doctor's appointment on Friday and I'm a little concerned and a lot curious. It happens at various times and with no frequency or common contributing factor that I can see. It opens up a whole lot of emotional issues with my mother dying at such a young age (that would be another post entirely). I'm trying not to stress about it which I know will help nothing, but it is in the back of my mind constantly causing me to wonder.

I went to visit my in-laws last night. I haven't seen them in so long that it borders abuse. I have to tell you. I love these two people like no other. They are so good to me. They are sooo happy for Cute Boy, and I, so supportive of my life, my parenting, my decisions. It means more to me than they could ever realize. Simple words can't do justice to my affection for them. It took the end of my marriage and that toxic environment to realize what gems these two people really are!

Mike (my FIL) has such a love for his grand kids it's out of this world. Brenda (my MIL) does too, but when you see Mike's face beaming with pride just looking at Lily, it's enough to bring a tear to your eye. Okay, so maybe it did bring tears to my eyes. Lily was saying tonight how incredible it is to know you're loved so much by another person. It's really very special.

I've been busy tonight too. I went to Kurt and Krista's to check out their new place. In a word - sweet! They did good. I popped in at dinner time (bad girl) and they had me stay. Krista the wonderful host she is cooked up scrumptious pork chops and funky mashed potatoes... they were really good! I felt like I ate and ran, but they have things to do and I would have just been in the way. Not to mention I should be doing stuff at my own house right now.... not blogging. Oh well, what to do. Cute Boy and I are going to look at our schedules so we can try and get over and visit together. As always, it promises to be fun!

Not much going on on the stitching front. I have a little pattern I have to whip up in short order. It is for a very special woman going through a hellish time. I'll post all about it when I finish my piece. I tip my hat to the organizers of this wonderful gesture of friendship and support. I'm honoured to be a part of your lives! Thank you.

I'm off to do what needs to be done on many fronts.

As always, happy stitching days to you!

4 comments:

Vicki said...

Glad your contractor has been found and that work is starting to progress again and a phone call was not too much to expect from him regardless of his situation.

Since it's early Weds morning, I'm expecting you to be up and at the gym and not lollygagging in bed. LOL Hope you had a good workout. We'll be expecting a full report.

You're inlaws sound like the best! It's sooo nice to be loved that much. You guys are definitely blessed.

On the Todd front...you've come a long way baby from where you were a year or two ago. Enjoy! You deserve it!!

Velda said...

ditto what Vic said! I'm so happy for both of you!

Louanne said...

Just popping in to say be careful. The 'sick Mother' story is notorious in the contrctor world. It may be true, but if it were, and if the contractor is reputable, YES you WOULD have been notified, he shouldn't have just disappeared. I've been keeping up with the story and I have to say, your I would be very afraid of your contractor. It gives me the 'willies'! Best of luck to you! I hope it all works out!

Anonymous said...

Funky is a good thing right?? LOL
Glad you could make it. Any time that I can hang out with my TT is a good thing!!!