Thursday, September 13, 2007

What Was I Thinking?

As you know from my previous entry I've painted the spare room. It looks (looked) very pretty. I should have left well enough alone! GRRRR

I decided to try and trim the window on my own. I'm not a carpenter in any way, shape or form. I'm a dork at the best of times, but I wanted to try and do this on my own. I get sick and tired of asking for help on what appears to be a simple job. To heck with that! Next time a window needs to be trimmed I'm calling in the troops (AKA Todd)! I've been puttering with this freaking trim for my second day now. I'm sporting a band-aid on my left index finger from whacking it with the hammer, not once but about 10 times. I do not exaggerate - honest. I do believe if the wall were in better shape I wouldn't be struggling so much, but the wall is so compromised it just won't pull in the trim so it fits tight. What should have been a 2 hour job has turned in to at least a 2 day job!!!! What was I thinking?

I would much rather be stitching and leaving the grunt work to someone else.

When I'm finished making my mess I will post pics and you'll see the problems and the end result however it turns out.

Oh, and did I mention, I'd rather be stitching!

No comments: