Friday, September 07, 2007

Public Enemy #1

Or should that be public humiliation 101? I've hit the point that I'm back on my WW plan. Why I ever stopped or got lazy in the first place is a question for the ages. I love this time of year, a time of year for new beginnings. What better time to begin a new and soon to be successful journey to a new and improved me. I no longer have gym membership so the results will be harder fought, but no less appreciated this time around.

There are many that know of my weight battle, but few truly understand. I've heard it more times than not, "You look great", it's not about looking great, okay maybe a little bit it is, but it's really more about how I feel and how I feel about myself. I'm only 5' 2" and I find 5lbs on me is huge, not to mention the actual 10lbs I've gained. I don't have the hiding spots that someone with a few more inches has to disguise weight gain. It has been said to me, "Why don't you just give up". Seriously??? I'm not a quitter. Good bad or otherwise, I am not a quitter. Becoming complacent with weight gain to me is one of the saddest things. I will not go down on this one without a fight!

3 comments:

Velda said...

yep, what you said. And you DO look great, but I DO totally understand your feelings. We'll do this...

Anonymous said...

I totally understand you !!! You should do what feel right for you. don't forget to exercise a little bit at home to help with the weight loss and for the help it gives the spirit! If you feel good about what you do for your body, it will give you more motivation to keep up with the diet !!!

Anonymous said...

Tammy,
I totally understand where your coming from. You will have to make a commitment to yourself and stick with it. Plan small goals and before you know it you will have met them. I know this because I have for so many years exercise and stop, exercise and stop. When I reached 40 years old this year I decided to stick with it. I have since January 1st. I am not going to stop anymore because the older I get the harder it is to restart. It hurts the body to much. Good luck! I know you can do this.