Tuesday, July 08, 2008

My Running Goals

I've been thinking a lot about what I'm going to work towards in regards to my running goals over the next little bit. I know I should not be concerned right now with my goals, but relaxing after the injuries pre-race of Sunday past and the stiffness I'm still feeling in my legs. My legs are still stiff and that is sad, but here I am lining up for another torture test all on my own... no help, just me!

All that said, I very seldom rest and if I do, it's not for long. So, I got to thinking. Don't be scared, its okay I didn't hurt myself with the taxing effect of thinking on my lazy brain. I'm thinking I'm going to do 2 more runs this year and then that is it until next year's Resolution Run.

I'm going to do the Terry Fox Run on September 14. The only thing that may hinder this particular race is whether or not I'm working part time or full time hours. If I'm working part time hours, I'll probably have to skip the race since I'll be working on the Sunday of the race.


The second race I want to do this year is the CIBC Run For The Cure. This race isn't until October 5th. I'm not sure who I'll be running this one with, but I'm running it. I'm really looking forward to it and I'm not passing the opportunity by this year. The possibility is strong that I will be working full time at this point, with weekends off again, so I have no reason not to participate.

I am a mother of 2 wonderful young girls, not to mention some incredible woman I know that have survived breast cancer. If I can do something to contribute to the fundraising efforts to find a cure or advancements in treatment, it's something I must do! I have immense issues with not participating in this year's Relay for Life and I don't want to have those same regrets with this year's Terry Fox Run or The Run for the Cure, so this is my public declaration of commitment!

I will be registering of the Run For the Cure soon. Keep your eyes open for when I let you know. I'm not much of a fundraiser (I hate asking for money), so if you'd be so kind to offer a few dollars it will go a long way to making a difference.

Now, my question is this: Do you think that is too much fundraising is such a short period of time?

4 comments:

Velda said...

I say go for it! I ran in the very first Terry Fox Run, I ran with Scott Hunter from CKLC because my friend ran way ahead of me lol....it was fun. I ran a few more annual races after that but then stopped. I wish I'd have stuck with it. I think you're doing a great thing for yourself and for those who you give the fundraising money for. I say do it, and do it all!

Amanda said...

I think it's wonderful of you to do both runs. Some people might be able to donate to the cause instead of actively participating - it's a great way for everyone to have a chance to pitch in. My hat's off to you girl!

Bre said...

Wow girl, I was just contemplating the same things on my way home - I want to do a run for the cure - I called mom on the way home and her good friend was diagnosed today with breast cancer. That is when I told myself I need to find a run to do in her honor. Go for it sweetie, you will do great I know it!!

Pumpkin said...

You go girl! Do what you feel is right. You know you'll have a lot of fans behind you ;o)