Sunday, March 21, 2010

Run Recap

I've been somewhat forced to tweak my run schedule depending on what my ridiculous part time work schedule presents from week to week. I'm usually a real stickler for schedules and doing what is expected. If the training says, 30 minutes, 30 minutes is what I do. I'm really bad for stuff like that - until now.

My approach has to be open to change and prepared to accommodate craziness. I think it is something that has been really good for me. Break out of my comfort zone and all that versatility talk. You know what I mean, right?

Saturday's runs usually end up being done on Sunday and then it throws out the rest of my week. This past week I wasn't able to get a whole planned run on Tuesday and then Thursday I was still feeling some tenderness in my right leg.

Fast forward to today and I got a bit creative with my times. I added some of my missed time on to the run for today. I was to run 2 hours 4 minutes and ended up with 2 hours 12 minutes. I would have liked to do the full time missed, but I was experiencing some right exterior foot pain. Finishing my run, and still now a bit, I struggle to put my full weight on my foot. I'm breaking myself, oh my! I joke, yes, but in the back of my mind I am a bit concerned. Not trying to develop paranoid tendencies, I will continue to listen to my body as long as what I'm hearing is genuine and not me just being a wimp. Thin line!

So today saw me run LSD 2h 12m 10.06 miles/16.1K. I feel amazing to know that I did that. I would be happier if I were on the street, but it is what it is and I'll take it! Holy hell I ran 16.1K and minus a sore right foot, I survived it. I just might be able to do this 1/2 marathon thing after all. There are moments of question.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to kick that half's butt!

Bre said...

Um newsflash - You ARE totally rockin' this half marathon thing! I'm so proud of you!! You ROCK!!