Saturday, March 21, 2009

So...

My day went something like this:

  • Slept in until about 9am. That is was awesome.
  • Drove Princess to work and then......
  • Headed to the gym
  • Ran 40 minutes (just shy of 5K)
  • Felt incredible
  • Didn't weight train (that didn't feel so incredible)
  • Stopped at the butcher on my way home
  • Took the dog for a walk (1.1K)
  • Had an incredible dinner
  • Watched the Habs lose their hockey game tonight (barely hanging on to a play off spot)
  • Now getting ready for bed
  • Contemplating the gym again in the morning while Cute Boy is out getting the winter tires taken off his car.

So, I did make it to the gym today, as you can see from my list above. It felt great to be back there again. When I'm there I wonder why it is I'm not more committed.

I said to myself that I wasn't going to over do it, but I did a bit. I switched up the intensity, not true HIIT, although somewhat. I had the highest speed at 5.6 which I'm impressed with after so much time off. I felt like a million bucks when I left. I really wish that feeling could be bottled up and taken when self doubt sets in.

One day is all it takes to turn things around. I want this to be the day. This will be my day!

I didn't weight train and I feel bad for that. I will get back there too. I'm really struggling with knowing that I'm doing it right (I know I am) and doing the weight training alone. I have a friend that I'm going to talk with about training with me. I used to work out with him when my ex-husband and I would go to the gym. This friend and I still communicate, so it's not that big a stretch to ask him for his guidance. He is extremely weight training knowledgeable and that is what I need. Not to mention a committed partner that will get me through the tough spots. We'll see how it works out.

All in all, I'm in a great frame of mind. It's been a while and I'm quite enjoying it. Looking forward to tomorrow.

4 comments:

Chiloe said...

The back of my ankle is still not fine so I can't walk anymore and I really miss it as I started to feel energize when I did it ... It sucks ... Hope your friend can help you ;-)

K-Pow said...

This post made me smile!!

Glad to hear about your day.

Make every day a great day :)

Kristin said...

Good for you!

Pumpkin said...

DH asked me if I wanted to join the gym here with him. If I do, you might have to encourage me! LOL!