Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chest Is The Best

Hit the gym again this morning. Drove Princess to school and off I went.

I was finally able to connect with my friend Andrew about body part pairing. His approach is this:
Tri's and Bi's
Chest
Back
Legs and Abs

I'm going to follow this and work it hard as I can while on my own.

So, without further adieu here is my work out routine from this morning. I took notes in my log book about how I felt after each set. I will share them with you. This the first time I've ever logged my feelings along with the numbers.

Cardio Warm Up
18 mins
2.3K

Chest Routine

Chest Press
35lbs x 18 reps
45lbs x 15 reps
60lbs x 10 reps
Love the look of the muscle definition in my secondary musles when doing this exercise. 60lbs was a bit much at this point, but I did it. The burn killed.

Flatbench Dumbell Bench Press
15lbs x 12 reps
12.5lbs x 12 reps
10lbs x 10 reps
Killer set. The burn was almost instant. Shit! Final set was slow and focused.

Pec Fly
30lbs x 12 reps
35lbs x 10 reps
40lbs x 6 reps --> I wanted 8
Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! There is still a lot of muscle definition there. Ya!!

Post Weight Train Cardio
26 mins
3K

Jillian Cardio - I was cleaning my machine and The Doctor's was on the television. They had Jillian Michaels on the program so I restarted the treadmill and walked an additional 10 minutes for .9KM.

No comments: